TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Life with a 400+bhp TT one year later.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Life with a 400+bhp TT one year later.........

I recently realised that it has been over 1 year,11,000 miles, since I built my REVO/GT2871R turboed TT,not only has the car dynoed 381whp,it has not skipped a beat.
Other than having to replace a slipping OEM clutch,and installing some Denso iridium plugs,and checking tightness of the turbo to manifold bolts,and oil changes,the car has not developed ONE problem.In fact I would say it is "OEM boring" considering some have to deal with a lot of drama with modified cars.
So not only is a REVO/ATP/TAI-VW&Audi TT potent,it is also RELIABLE.For some that are apprehensive about doing something this extreme to their cars,I say go for it,if done properly will make a already great car out of this world.
I will be re-dynoing it next week to see what #'s it is putting out....maybe with higher boost and 400whp?
BTW the car is formerly a 180TT FWD....it is funny,a guy in a fully modded/chipped 225T tried doing a ricer fly-by the other day,and was quite puzzled when he saw a TT with a single exhaust walk him by over 10 + car lengths....now that is good times.
So you fellow 180 guys,there IS a solution for your car if you want to go above and well beyond a bolt on modded 225tt...
Old 08-30-2007, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazy! Any pics of your car and your engine??
Old 08-30-2007, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Here is a old video

I will post a link to a video I will make next week,we are dynoing 3 REVO GT2871R cars,2 golfs and my car,there will be a video of the cars.
Here is a video of the TT,it is at the end.I only made 2 runs,since I spent most of the time tuning the VR6 in the beginning of the vid.
Here is the old video
Copy&paste

http://youtube.com/watch?v=84H2Z9VpyHM
Old 08-30-2007, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hmmm,

I'm liking that concept...so whos the local revo tuner to contact?

Marcus
Old 08-30-2007, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Hmmm,

Looks like you already have a stage 3 setup.....I am a REVO dealer,and built the car,they ad to make a custom file with tuning for a VW written to work with the TT ECU.What I think is awesome is the fact that my car is a 2000 model with narrow band 02,which is very hard to tune properly.I used Lemmiwinks to dial in the car and it has exceeded my expectations,and am really quite pleased with my decision to take a chance on something nobody has built before using ATP Golf/Jetta turbo kit& intercooler with REVO.
Your APR stuff is "supposed" to be problem free.since I have no experience with it,is that the case?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i'm glad...

...but report back in another 3 years/30k miles. hopefully it will be the same news.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Aside from having 3 studs breaking, probably from abuse by my ex

...and my MAF wigging out after puting it all back together this last few weeks, I have over 50000 miles on thier kit with no problems.
Was installed way back in 2002

My only thing is they dont offer a Plus option for 2000 atc motors???

As you can see from my list of mods I have almost everything to extract the best from thier kit, and am probably tapped out on the turbo now.

If you have any suggestions I am all ears.

Marcus<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/578799.phtml">First encounter that made AW before I even got home with the kit</a></li></ul>
Old 08-30-2007, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default The way I drive,11k is like most peoples 30k,lol

This car runs 104 octane daily,and 25+psi boost daily,and I am not ashamed to use it...also it is blinderM20 equipped,so have never received a ticket.
This car is a shop demonstrator,and has sold me 4 BT install jobs,I am actually doing a New Beetle turbo S with custom REVO and GT2871R in the shop right now.Imagine that,a 350+ hp 1.8T beetle!
Old 08-30-2007, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default let's see pics! more info on this car please >>

i have a FWD 180 as well. APR stage III. car has been running this kit for 55k miles.

problems with the kit have been the standard stuff - studs, bolts, etc. i did, however, rip through an axle, a few sets of coilpacks and spark plugs, a couple MAF's and a catalytic converter.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default That is excellent for 50K,

Turbo studs are not only a"APR" thing,it happens on other kits as well.
You can simply upgrade to a GT2871R,install a wideband gauge,adjustable FPR,and log with Vag-Com,and use V-tune/Lemmiwinks and you will have a"stage 3+"....I went way beyond REVO set tuning by using what I mentioned above.The REVO SW is for GT28R,and approx 300whp....just had to tweek it a little,and not be scared to turn up the bost with some good fuel.

Quick Reply: Life with a 400+bhp TT one year later.........