- Bad experience report =P

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default - Bad experience report =P

I brought my car in there because it was over heating and I had a small boost leak issue.
I told them that im very sure its the Water pump and they said ok. They later told me it was the fan clutch and that was causing the overheating.. after changing that, which they had problems with because of a stripped bolt(who he blamed on M*** S***** as M*** worked on it last), it still overheated, then they told me it was the water pump (which i told them in the begining). J**** also told me the Boost leak was because I had the stock BPV, he sold me a Forge valve and charged me 2 hours installation(if ya know where it is you know this is BS). Plus he added and extra 1.5 hours of labor called "Repair M*** S*****'s error".
So anyways after 2 weeks I get the car back and its still leaking boost, I was tired and just glad to get my car back after all that and I didn't wanna argue.

So Anyways just wanted to give people a heads up here to try and diagnose the car BEFORE going to ELM and just tell them exactly what you want repaired. Sorry about the Rant if you didn't wanna hear it :P
Old 10-23-2007, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ELM is good for doing bolt on installs.

I would never take my car there for "actual" work that needed to be done.

As far as Mike's work goes... I don't believe that. You should have contacted Mike and had them stop the repairs.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:28 AM

Default Re: - Bad experience report =P

Im jason at european legacy and with regards to what was said about me and european legacy is false. I tryed to help this person to the best of my ability, I called when anything wrong was found and tryed to get this customer to come up to the shop and look at it everytime. As far as the other repair shop that was in the post, the customer was not happy with the work done over there before he came to me. His car was over heating with more than one problem. I found a striped bolt that would not allow me to repair the water pump and I can not repair something for what alldata labor calls for when I have to grind off and retap something. I stayed in contact with this customer more than twice a day to keep him informed and he was very happy that I did that but when we in this automotive feild know that you just cant make everbody happy and I feel bad that I cant make this customer happy because I tryed very hard. So thats what I have to say and we here at european legacy are sorry that this customer was not happy with the work the was done for him but there are many people that would say that we are one of the best VW\Audi shop's in houston and have been going strong since 1994.
Cheers
Old 10-25-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: ELM is good for doing bolt on installs.

Nick,

Swing over to the shop today, you will see over 40 plus cars. All of them Mercedes, Lotus, BMW, Aston Martin, VW, and Audi's. Just an example, today (10/25/07) We are working on a 2007 Mercedes Benz S65 V-12 Bi-Turbo. If all we did was bolt-on's I don't think people would trust us with those type of vehicles.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i found out that they did my cv joints incorrectly when installing new boots.

he put the rings in backwards which led to premature failure to my joints. so a stripped bolt is not far fetched. for instance, the fact remains that he welded my bi pipe on backwards. these things are possible and can happen to the best of them.

as the website now states

"At BARtuning we treat our customers like family, and their cars as if they were our own. We put forth the extra effort to make sure you have a pleasurable repair experience. At BARtuning we won't sell you parts that aren't needed. Honesty and integrity are part of every job we do."

too bad they didn't believe in this the 15 months they had my car down. given my personal experience, i would have to strongly disagree, but to each their own and we are all intitled to our opinoins given the freedom of speech.

not starting a **** storm here or stirring any pots, but come on already no one is perfect and if several people are saying the same things without even knowing one another, then you know it's not a conspiracy.

i've personally had to redo just about everythign that was touched. in fact, now having the car back for almost two years, i'm just now getting the car back to par.

now if i can only get a response out of them as to why my motor is still eating oil, then that would be fantastic. i've been asking this question since the first week i got the car back nad have yet to hear a response. honestly, i've given up on them and for good reasons.

as mentioned before, take it for what it is, i'm not starting a **** storm, just merely putting my 2 cents out there.

in other words, this **** ain't new news and we've all heard me whine before about all this. however, it's hard when you keep finding **** wrong nearly two years later, it's like a constant reminder.