S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

So back from the dragstrip... new best...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default So back from the dragstrip... new best...

Went to the strip again today...

Car: 2010 Audi S4 - DSG with sports dif, 5,575 miles, 1/4 tank of gas, tools and spare removed

Mods: APR beta race gas tune, APR pulley, LFC's, miltek non-res exhaust, custom intake, APR CPS, front and rear sways, BBS CHR's, tire pressure 34F 28R

Conditions: 54F, 49% humidity, 29.96 BP.... DA was 1230... DA was a little higher than I had hoped but I thought that would allow me to cut better 60 ft times...

Run 1:
Got a good launch and cut a decent 60 ft and then had the dreaded 1-2 hangup... sigh... ended up running 12.12 Not a good sign on my first pass of the day... I am begining to think my car hesitates more when it is cold then warm since I had a 1 hour cool down and the car didn't do it on the other 2 passes I made with much less cool down... Who knows though... Was still very encouraged as I trapped 117.11 and didn't dump much boost... Still need to do a good review of the logs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfzAhVbwEuQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC533lxTKoM

Run 2:
Got a decent launch but only cut a 1.69 60 ft time but the car pulled strong up top and before I even hit the return road I knew I had a new best... Sure enough I ran a 11.9338 at 117.73, so a new best trap as well! I was pretty stoked...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc4XQIJXxUg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JVoz1HTH6E

Run 3:
Redlighted as I was racing an high 11 second gutted Challenger and really wanted to beat him, which I didn't as he ran 11.8773 at 112.91 to my 11.9380 at 117.12 Still happy I backed my 11.93 up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGYu2V-FLSU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAR9FMtodSI

The track was crowded and cars kept breaking and they decided to do a gamblers race and I couldn't stay because I have a poker tourney tonight... So overall very happy I got a new best but really wanted an 11.8x, to beat kevkev's time LOL J/K Car ran good other than the one hangup and I am really happy with the trap as I almost went 118 in not the greatest DA... Hopefully, it will be nice next week and I will get one more shot at it... Will see... Again, need to review the logs closer and send them to APR to see what they think...

Discuss! LOL Oh and out of car vids with sound FTW...
Attached Images    
Old 11-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Outstanding! I've just gotten my car - planning on doing the APR chip and pulley. Since you've been through the drill, what do you think that does to my times vs stock?
Old 11-12-2011, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tim H A8L
Outstanding! I've just gotten my car - planning on doing the APR chip and pulley. Since you've been through the drill, what do you think that does to my times vs stock?
Tim, Thanks man! Stock you should see very low 13's to high 12's... With pulley and tune on pump mid 12's... Looking forward to seeing your progress... It sure is a fun car... My ride to the strip is on some country backroads with lots of elevation changes and some nice twisties so I really enjoy the ride to and from... LOL Enjoy the car and keep us posted... later Ron
Old 11-12-2011, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Great job and very detailed update! Congrats! Look forward to reading/seeing more of your accomplishments.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Ron, great job. I also get that hang up 1-2 or 2-3. Then after it warms up ,it goes away so it seems. Very annoying. Thanks for the updates.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Damn Ron, your car is consistent.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nicely done Ron! Awesome times.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great stuff Ron. Car looks and sounds great!

What camera did you end up getting?
Old 11-12-2011, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great stuff Ron! You just keep chipping away at it...
Old 11-12-2011, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Great job and very detailed update! Congrats! Look forward to reading/seeing more of your accomplishments.
Thanks Hyper! I really appreciate it... Lot more to come with this car IMO... can't wait to get some more mods over the winter...

Originally Posted by trinacria
Hey Ron, great job. I also get that hang up 1-2 or 2-3. Then after it warms up ,it goes away so it seems. Very annoying. Thanks for the updates.
Yeah, the hangup is bogus and I wish I knew what caused it... Actually, wish someone would make a damn DSG tune as it would really make this car even better! Thanks for the kind words!

Originally Posted by forza1976
Damn Ron, your car is consistent.
Yeah, I would have stayed for the gamblers race and probably done well... Fortunately, I chopped a HUGE poker tourney with 2 others for a very nice payout so it was worth it! LOL

Originally Posted by coupesta
Nicely done Ron! Awesome times.
Thanks man! Hopefully, I'll get one more crack at 11.8x this year...

Originally Posted by Ynnekdude
Great stuff Ron. Car looks and sounds great!

What camera did you end up getting?
Ken, thanks bud! Appreciate it... I went with the Sony CX130... I think it is one model newer than the one you showed me... was only $20 more so I couldn't pass it up... Get your car to the strip and see what it can do...

Originally Posted by ilspazzaneve
Great stuff Ron! You just keep chipping away at it...
Jason, Thanks man! Yeah was hoping to chunk away but will take it... very encouraged by the trap... with headers and ported blower I think I could run 11.5 at 120+ Maybe I am crazy but will find out... Richi is running Sunday, so will see how he does...

Quick Reply: So back from the dragstrip... new best...