S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Hit the strip today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Hit the strip today...

So... Imolamonster wanted to hit the strip today and I went along... Lyunko and his wife also joined us and they could not have been nicer people... They are going to come back in the fall and make some passes in their beautiful S4...

Conditions were horrible... DT says DA was 3100+ and my station said 3300+... No one there so made 4 passes in 30 minutes and bailed... Ran Imola 3 times and beat him each time by less than .1 Very good races... I also, out reacted him but that is just experience... Ran a ZL1 the other time... lol

Went 12.10, 12.12, 12.22, and 12.23... traps were off 3-4mph...

Here is one of the vids I can add the others later... He has some as well... Also, me racing the ZL1...

Attached Images  

Last edited by primetime; 08-25-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great stuff, Ron. Thnx for posting! What times are you shooting for this fall?
Old 08-25-2012, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

very cool!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by clochner
Great stuff, Ron. Thnx for posting! What times are you shooting for this fall?
Thanks bud! 11.6x with current setup, maybe a little less weight... 11.2 with stage III if it happens this year?

Originally Posted by rktskicar
very cool!
Thanks Bruce!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

We all know what ImolaM is running. What do you have primtetime? Nice seeing you cream that Camaro.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Ron - had a great time at the strop today even though the good times we not achievable today. oh well, we will have alot more times to run!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
Thanks bud! 11.6x with current setup, maybe a little less weight... 11.2 with stage III if it happens this year?
That's awesome man. We're getting close to talking about a 10 second car here.

My decision on Stage III will come down to how long I plan on keeping my car. As I've said on other forums, I'm so damn tempted with the RS5. I can't even imagine the awesomeness of that car with APR's pending supercharger upgrade. On the other hand, though, I still love my car and can't imagine parting ways with it. Decisions, decisions . . .
Old 08-25-2012, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm actually going to put a deposit on a RS5 end of next week. After that, it's the waiting game...
Old 08-25-2012, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Evlengr
We all know what ImolaM is running. What do you have primtetime? Nice seeing you cream that Camaro.
Sorry, I normally post my mods...

My Car: 2010 Audi S4 - DSG with sports dif, 6,7xx miles, 1/4 tank of gas, tools and spare removed

Mods: APR tune, APR pulley, LFC's, miltek non-res exhaust, custom intake, APR CPS, front and rear sways, Alu Kruez, Brembo BBK, BBS CHR's, JHM LW rear rotors, tire pressure 46F 42R

Originally Posted by Imolamonster
Hey Ron - had a great time at the strop today even though the good times we not achievable today. oh well, we will have alot more times to run!
Yeah, good to see you Patrick... Look forward to some more passes this fall as the weather improves and we get some better times... Post up some of the vids when you get time...

Originally Posted by clochner
That's awesome man. We're getting close to talking about a 10 second car here.

My decision on Stage III will come down to how long I plan on keeping my car. As I've said on other forums, I'm so damn tempted with the RS5. I can't even imagine the awesomeness of that car with APR's pending supercharger upgrade. On the other hand, though, I still love my car and can't imagine parting ways with it. Decisions, decisions . . .
Thanks man... I think my car at full weight, will go 11.2-11.3 with a 1.9L blower... 10's will be tough... The RS5 is a great car and I am torn on what to buy next... Have a test drive in a S6 lined up once it is at the dealership... I am all over the board with cars... I may end up with a new Mustang, GTR, RS5, S6, etc. Probably going to order something late this winter for spring delivery... Just too much family stuff going on and I'll focus on the S4 this fall and hopefully stage III will be out...
Old 08-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice runs!

Quick Reply: Hit the strip today...