Wait 'till you guys hear this story.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wait 'till you guys hear this story.....

I had meetings today at 9:00 and noon, both in the same part of town. Instead of driving back home, then back to the second meeting, I decided to hang out at a library for a couple hours to save myself some miles. I was sitting outside the library in the parking lot around 10:15. I had parked on the edge of the lot in a row designated for parallel parking. The lot was full, and the spot I filled was the only one available at that time. Soon after I parked, I returned a phone call from my friend and fellow RMCB5er, JDawg. I was talking with him for a few minutes, and the car parallel parked right in front of me left. Soon after, I see an old Plymouth Voyager minivan pull up along side me, and steer nosefirst into the newly opened spot. He put the van in reverse to try to straighten the thing out, but, as you can imagine, had trouble doing it since he went in nosefirst. As he was backing up, he was getting very close to me and I got a bad feeling. I told JDawg, "The fcker's gonna hit me." No more than a second later his rear bumper hit my front bumper. It wasn't a hard it, but there's NO room behind my bumper due to the FMIC. I heard metal crunch, but didn't worry about it too much, as it was a relatively soft hit. I hung up and waited for the minivan driver to get out. He did not. After a minute or two, I decided to go talk with him. I approached the van, and he just looked at me. I started to talk to him, at which time he rolled down his window maybe an inch or two. I told him I was sitting in my car behind him, and he backed into me. He said, "No I didn't." I insisted he did, and he refused again. I asked him for his contact info, which he refused to provide. I said something like, "Look, I know you hit me. I'm trying to be nice about this. I'm not saying I'm going to report anything, I just want your info in case something happened." He asked if I looked for damage, and I said, "No." I figured it would take more than making sure the bumper was OK due to all of the stuff jammed in behind the front bumper. Then he says, "You just a jerk. Look at you....I can tell you're a jerk just by looking at you." Apparently a guy in a shirt and tie fits his mold of A-hole.
This is where it gets good. He put his car into gear like he was going to take off. I moved over by his driver's side headlight and stood a couple feet from the car so he couldn't leave without running me over. Keep in mind, I was not upset, yelling, etc. People that know me will tell you I am a pretty calm, laid back guy, especially in situations like this. He let his foot off the brake and started rolling towards me. I wasn't about to move until I got his information. Well, he kept right on coming and ran into me. I was knocked down, rolled over backwards (think backwards somersault) and scraped my shoulder, knee and bumped my head on the parking lot. By the time I got up, the guys was gone. Immediately I looked for witnesses, of which there were two. They were VERY helpful. One of them even got the license plate number, which matched what I wrote down before I ever got out of the car.
The mark on the bumper was not major, but there was damage. I was not going to take any action originally, but just wanted his contact info if there were damages under the hood. Well, I sure as hell am going to do everything I can to make this fcker pay now. Two separate cases were filed. One for the hit and run on my car, and one for knocking me down by hitting me with his car.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:08 PM
USP
AudiWorld Super User

long story. my head actually hurts. but nice job, looks like 2 counts of a hit and run.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Elder Member

nice, I hope the DA is a REAL jerk
Old 03-05-2007, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default do it. That azzhole needs to know he cant do **** like that. Eventually someone, like you,

isnt going to let him get away with being a *******. Get him and report back.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

I'll be sure to keep you updated. Unfortunately the officer said it'd be a month B4 I hear back.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah make the schmuck pay
Old 03-05-2007, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default not too bad i guess. A month isnt too long. they have to investigate but you dooo have

2 witnesses.
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

sounds like it's civil suit time. take his *** to the cleaners.

Default Holy crap....

Glad to hear that you're not too seriously hurt. What shiet-head! I hope they catch they fvcker and that he gets his due.... Jeez, some people.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Expert

totally. being an *** will cost him this time. Hopefully he isnt so stupid he doesnt learn from this

Quick Reply: Wait 'till you guys hear this story.....