2007 Sebring Corral Update!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Sebring Corral Update!

2007 Audi Corral at the 12 Hours of Sebring:

As many of you may have heard, AoA has indeed taken the Audi corral away from our club without our permission or without notification. We are obviously not happy about this, but thanks to a very polite and threatening letter from me to AoA, they have come to the table to work with us after all. Shawn and I launched a campaign to get AoA to talk to us, and at the end of the day we were able to get some concessions from them so that our club will still have a corral.

What this means is that this year the corral will become a little more formal, and more resemble a VIP corral, but with even more amenities than prior years. At this time, don't be in any hurry to buy your tickets for Sebring just yet. You may want to wait to buy your tickets once we have finalized how the corral passes/tickets will work with AoA.

Shawn Head and I have negotiated with AoA, and I think the corral will end up looking like this: You will have to purchase a corral hospitality package to get into the corral. This will not be that bad, because I have made sure that AoA has several levels of corral package options to suit everyone. The top option will be a package that includes 2 race tickets, 1 corral parking pass, 1 Sebring parking pass, 1 parade lap pass, and 2 hospitality passes. For those who already have race tickets, or only need one pass, I have made it so that there will be tiered packages so that you aren't forced to buy any extra race/parking tickets that you may already have purchased.

Pricing for this is not finalized, but I have made a 3 page proposal to AoA for the corral pricing structure, and I think at the end of the day it will be affordable for everyone. If you were going to buy 2 race tickets & 1 parking pass, the AoA package will only be slightly more expensive, but comes with those tickets, corral hospitality pass and many other items.

The corral amenities that you can expect this year are:
-Usual location with our usual tent/TVs/tables.
-Catered food and drinks on Friday and Saturday
-Air conditioned bathrooms with running water!
-Audi gift bag for everyone (including Audi hat, flag, lanyard, Audisport ticket holder, and some other items.
-Parade laps on Friday evening
-R8 Display in the corral
-Tech sessions with Audisport, Shell, and others.

Corral space:
AoA does not want to have a corral over populated and packed with cars mirror to mirror as we have done in the past. They want a more open corral, so they will be limiting the number of cars to around 70 or 80 (we usually fit in 110 cars). We will have a second corral parking location next to the Audi Showroom, which is about 50 yards down from our corral on the midway, that will hold an additional 60-80 cars. First come first serve for the main corral, then the cars will be directed to park in the overflow area (but everyone will be hanging out in the main corral).

Camping:
I think I have convinced AoA to still let campers in the corral, but the usual rules will apply and will be enforced (no tent up until after 9pm, all tents broken down by 8am).

At the end of the day, the corral will be different, but we will all still be there! I ask that everyone continue to come down to Sebring and join us for our corral and party as we always do. Lets have fun, and maybe we can use this opportunity to show AoA how strong and loyal we are to the brand and most importantly, how loyal we are to the Audi Club.

See you in three and a half weeks!

PS - please go ahead and feel free to link this to other forums and other Audi related websites.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Thanks Christian. I already bought the tickets but will purchase the Corral...

package when it is available. Thanks for advocating on some of our old ways. I really have liked it how we had it in the past. I'd like to camp this year, BTW, so I hope that works out. Thanks again.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job to Christian/Shawn. Looks like it's shaping up to be another good one
Old 02-22-2007, 12:23 PM

Default good work

Ill be there!
Old 02-22-2007, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Christian and Shawn! Good job! You guys always seem to work out a dire situation.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Fabulous Christian, big thanks to you & Shawn for fighting so hard for all of us.

I, along with everyone else I'm sure, would be devastated to lose the Audi corral. Any idea wtf their reasoning for it is? Yeah, we get pretty crazy there but it's very popular and we are all there FOR Audi. I can certainly say I would likely not attend the race and make the 14 hour drive if our corral wasn't there.
Again, thanks to you two for trying to work this out for us, it is greatly appreciated!
Old 02-22-2007, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanx Christian/ Shawn for once again making it happen!!! I know it'll be memorable once again!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default actually sounds better than years past. question for christian.

you going for an A5/S5?
Old 02-22-2007, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I want an A5 so bad. We'll see how Audi equips and prices them....

I am skeptical; I think Audi is going to price it more than a BMW 3 series coupe, and make it hard to get it in a manual. IF that is the case, i'll pass.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default manual is in the 2008 order guide for both A5 engines coming to the US

the 3.2 and the 4.2. in fact, it is the only transmission option listed thus far.

Quick Reply: 2007 Sebring Corral Update!