Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open Letter from Johan de Nysschen to ACNA Members

May 14, 2007

Open Letter to Members: Audi Club North America

Dear Audi Enthusiast:

I am writing this letter to reaffirm my personal support, and that of Audi of America, Inc., to the Audi Club of North America.

The Audi Club of North America is an independent, private organization, and while we take keen interest in the activities of the Club, Audi of America has no desire to interfere or become involved in the management and day to day administration of the Club. However, we have a vested interest in ensuring the continued growth and vibrant success of the Club.

While not wishing to become embroiled in the tension which presently exists between certain members of the Board, it is an inescapable fact that the situation is not healthy, and is not in the long-term best interests of the Club.

Our support is to the Club - not to individual members or to specific members of the Board of Directors. I would, however, encourage the Executive Management of the Club to adopt an inclusive as opposed to an exclusionary approach, and to utilize the available expertise, experience and enthusiasm of members, and to apply this in the interest of the Club which we all value highly.

We encourage all parties to work towards finding a speedy resolution, placing the interests of the Club above all else. I would also encourage Club members to take a more active role in the affairs of the Club and to participate in elections - the democratic process does not work well in the face of voter apathy.

We look forward to the continued success of the Club, and assure you of our continued support.

Sincerely yours,

Johan de Nysschen
Old 05-29-2007, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

empty words about nothing
Old 05-29-2007, 12:30 PM
TEB
AudiWorld Super User

What did I miss? What's this in reference to?
Old 05-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Lawsuit by two members of the BOD against the EC

In the link below there's a summary of the issues surrounding the activities of the ACNA executive committee. There's also the legal documents, questions, a history, chapter reactions and much more.

I invite you to read it and make up your own mind. Ask your chapter rep. Ask the ACNA bod and EC. Make your opinion known.<ul><li><a href="http://www.porridgehead.com/acna">ACNA lawsuit documents</a></li></ul>
Old 05-29-2007, 06:25 PM
TEB
AudiWorld Super User

Heh, Craig is my chapter pres, doubt he'd have an unbiased opinion...
Old 05-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Well... yeah. He probably won't.

Still, he's a good man to talk to and a straight shooter. He won't embellish and won't dwell on anything but the facts. And he's a genuinely nice guy.

Unbiased? Errrmmm... no.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:34 PM
TEB
AudiWorld Super User

Default So I'm told. I don't know him personally, but a girl I work with is a pretty close friend.

I'll also be seeing Chris Smith tomorrow as my car's going to his shop -- he'll have a perspective, I'm sure.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default From reviewing the documents...

It seems to me that the EC is undermining the BOD. OK, an ammendment was passed to limit terms of office. That rulling would be used at the end of the current terms for Craig and Mike, not during the middle of their term.

There are no laws that allow the EC to remove BOD members. The fact that the EC conducted a vote to remove Craig and Mike is the committee's own admission that they had to recognize them as BOD members in order to vote on their removal. Since they were recognized as BOD members, then any action for removal can only be done by the BOD and not the EC.

I'm also concerned about other actions done by the EC that is normally handled by the BOD. The EC has conducted financial transactions and conducted meetings with AoA execs without involvement by the BOD. Because there are no agendas or status reports submitted by the EC to the BOD, nobody's sure if there are other actions done by the EC that can impact the club.

We need people to stop, step back, and realize that this action of a power struggle does nothing but harm the club and its members. People have lost focus on what the club is supposed to be about.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Bingo.

It would seem that the EC has let power go to their collective head. Worse, it's power over a non-profit, non-compensatory Car club, fer chrissakes. I mean, what's the point?

Mark my words, if the EC doesn't relent, and I've seen no indication that they will, they will destroy the ACNA.

I am waiting to see what they say about AoA's letter. My prediction: it changes nothing.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So, as dues paying members, what can we do?

Quick Reply: Open Letter from Johan de Nysschen to ACNA Members