Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Dont Let Your Dealer Charge You a "Destination Charge" for ED

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dont Let Your Dealer Charge You a "Destination Charge" for ED

The ED price of your car is your MSRP less 5%. This number INCLUDES delivery from the point of European dropoff to your local Audi Dealer.

My dealer however tried to add a $775 destination charge as part of the MSRP. A destination charge however is NEVER included as PART of a car's MSRP. It is added afterwards TO a car's MSRP. (Just check the sticker on the car window)

Then I had to show him in two different places in the ED literature that delivery from the port to your Audi Dealer IS included in the ED purchase price (MSRP less 5%), after which he begrudgingly deleted the fee saying I was still wrong and that he was "doing me a favor".

You can find it clearly referenced in the "Audi European Delivery Program Dealer Resource Guide" Pages 8, paragraph 4, and page 13 last line on the page. Every dealer has a copy. Make them show it to you.

Real sleezeball tactic.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exactly! I am thinking that since the program is still new some dealers.......

are not aware of this. I did not have the same problem as you but the dealer initially had it on the invoice. If you think about it, it makes the % off the car an extra 1 to 1 1/2% in most cases.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default And you still bought from him? I would have walked.

The literature from Audi in black and white is in front of his face and he's still telling you that you're wrong?!?!?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Had same argument with my dealer...

Because I was not getting anywhere with my dealer, I actually called Audi's North American customer service office. They had someone in Euro Delivery call me back because no one I spoke with knew the answer. Here's the explanation I was given:

1. Destination is part of MSRP. If you try to "build" your Audi on the webpage, you will notice that destination is not separately added on. That's because it's already included in MSRP.

2. The ED discount is 5% off MSRP, which, because it already includes destination, is also discounted 5%.

3. So the dealer should not be adding destination on top of MSRP, but he should not be discounting MSRP by destination either.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: That doesn't sound right at all

If you scroll down and open the "Disclaimer" link at the bottom of the configurator you'll clearly see:

"2007 Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of 2007 Audi. Actual price set by dealer. $720 destination charge not included. Taxes, license, title, documentation fees, dealer prep., finance charges, and other options additional."

And a little further down:

"2007 Configurator MSRP
All prices are in US dollars.

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of 2007 Audi including options indicated. Total MSRP (Price as configured) excludes destination charge. Package pricing may provide additional pricing discounts to individual options. Limited availability. Actual price set by dealer. Taxes, license, title, documentation fees, dealer prep., finance charges and other options additional.

Specifications, standard equipment, options, destination charge and colors are subject to change without notice. Some equipment may be unavailable when your car is built."
Old 07-16-2007, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default .......also, no other manufacturer charges the destination charge for ED. All shipping

home is included with the ED program.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Hold on. I don't think that is correct...

Before everyone starts yelling at their dealers...

The Audi USA web site does say (depending on your interpretation) that there's no delivery charge, but I just asked Kathy Bis at European Delivery HQ about this a few minutes ago (after paying for my car yesterday with a destination charge), and she said the web site is not correct (or, at least, poorly worded), and that you do have to pay the $750 delivery fee.

Maybe the policy changed, and the web site is out of date, but this is not the only thing that's not quite right on the web site (and the dealer manual basically uses the same text). For example, you don't need to wait a day to take delivery anymore, you can do it the same day you arrive in Germany.

Anyway, I think the dealer really did "do you a favor". Of course, if anyone thinks I just got incorrect information from Kathy, let me know, I'd rather get the $750 back!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Hold on. I don't think that is correct...

Hi BajanS4,

off topic:
How were you able to reach Kathy quickly? She almost never picks up the phone and any phone/email msg takes at least 1 week to get a response.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default You were taken my friend...

And Kathy Bis may mean well but she is clearly wrong on this one.

And you were taken for $750 my friend.

Why are people continuing to reference what they read "One line" or heard from their Uncle Fred.)

As I stated in the initial thread,
"You can find it clearly referenced in the "Audi European Delivery Program DEALER RESOURCE GUIDE" Pages 8, paragraph 4, and page 13 last line on the page. Every dealer has a copy. Make them show it to you."

Let me spell it out for you.

And Page 8 Para 4 states
"The cost of TRANSPORTATION, customs clearance and duty, port handling, drop off fees, ocean freight, and marine insurance are included in the purchase price of all Audi Vehicles sold under the European delivery Program.

Page 13 even more clearly states:

"The Audi European Price of your vehicle includes the following services:
* Destination charge for transportation of your vehicle from the Audi Processing Center (ie where you drop it off in Europe) to your selected Audi Dealer"

That means the MSRP less 5% INCLUDES the destination charge.

Case Closed.

Do with this what you will. I tried.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default This is where you find the specific language to save $750:

Why is it that no one can read English (ie people are referencing what they read "One line" or heard from their Uncle Fred.)

As I stated in the initial thread,
"You can find it clearly referenced in the "Audi European Delivery Program DEALER RESOURCE GUIDE" Pages 8, paragraph 4, and page 13 last line on the page. Every dealer has a copy. Make them show it to you."

Let me spell it out for you.

And Page 8 Para 4 states
"The cost of TRANSPORTATION, customs clearance and duty, port handling, drop off fees, ocean freight, and marine insurance are included in the purchase price of all Audi Vehicles sold under the European delivery Program.

And the bottom of Page 13 EVEN MORE CLEARLY states:

"The Audi European Price of your vehicle includes the following services:
* Destination charge for transportation of your vehicle from the Audi Processing Center (ie where you drop it off in Europe) to your selected Audi Dealer"

Case Closed.

Do with this what you will. I tried.

Quick Reply: Dont Let Your Dealer Charge You a "Destination Charge" for ED