Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

getting tuned in Germany w/ EuroDelivery

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting tuned in Germany w/ EuroDelivery

so I was just drooling over the cover story here on AW about the MTM RS4.

Could you pick up a car with EuroDelivery, drive it to MTM for modification and then still import it?

just a random thought
Old 06-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default No, the car need to be as US spec or else u will have problem with custom

you can't even leave anything exra in the car (first aid kit, emergency trangle, etc).
Old 06-12-2007, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good question. It may depend on what you do to it.

I would imagine there would be a way to flash the ecu and no one would know. The car is already a U.S. spec car. What would happen if you put on new wheels. As long as you are leaving the originals there it should be no problem. I have heard of others who have done ed through other manufactures, putting on winter tires and different wheels when they pick up there cars and having no problems having the car shipped over after taking delivery. I know that if I would have known, I would have ordered a few accessories that you can only get in Europe and had them installed before my pick-up. I asked Audi Exclusive when we were there and was told they would need a few weeks of notice to order the parts and get them to the delivery center.

miwim is correct about leaving anything in the car though. Weight and theft is a problem. They even advised I take my front euro plate off when I dropped our car off after our ed. They said there was a chance that the plate would not make the complete trip home. (Stolen along the way
Old 06-12-2007, 09:49 AM

what sort of accesseries are you referring to?
Old 06-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default the total package

like their RS4
Old 06-23-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Re: No, the car need to be as US spec or else u will have problem with custom

Hey Buddah,

Audi will give you a certificate of comformation along with your RS4 when you pick it up in Europe. That's what you show customs and the DMV.
Once that is shown you'll be waived through without a problem even if your car was tuned by MTM. It's the basics of the car that count, such as: DMV approved head and tail-lights, all necessary airbags, side impact reinforcements in the doors, poper bumpers in rear and front and a US standard OBDII diagnostic system. The US spec RS4 has all that and Audi gives you the proof of that along with the car. The tuning won't effect the import because you're allowed to tune a car in the US aswell. Nuff said on that. Again, when entering the states with your car you just give them the Audi certificate and BAM you're in. No need to mention it's tuned. It's none of their business, period, just as wouldn't be if you tuned the car after the import.

If you really would like to see Germany the Audi production and have some fun on some cool Audobahn tracks, I'd strictly advice you to do it. It's going to be an experience for life.

If you'd like to do it you can always ask me about Germany. I'm right here in Germany. Near Neckarsulm where the RS4 is made. I can get you good flight prices, good prices for a place to stay and could show you some great places to drive your RS4 to.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I think that is the case if you import the car yourself, but if you do ED

Audi tell me to remove everything from the car, I can't even leave my CD in the changer is what they told me.