A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

A great AW story and thanks to OCDboy (aka kc_kris) - long

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A great AW story and thanks to OCDboy (aka kc_kris) - long

So...

After lots of searching AutoTrader and Cars.com I've finally selected my ride. Low mileage 2001 2.7T fully loaded (no nav) in Cashmere Grey with the Tungsten interior (pretty combo if you've never seen it). Dealer has signed up to work through my list of clean up items prior to delivering it, including a new set of sneakers. After some research here and on TireRack, I request that he put on a set of winter tires (Dunlop Winter Sport M3s) on the 16" sport wheels, figuring I'll get some 17" wheels for my summer treads.

I do the click-click thing with TireRack's "see the wheels on your car" feature and fall for the BBS RKs. Not the cheapest wheel up there, but I got a good deal on the ride so I'm ready to splurge. On a lark, I check eBay. OMG!!! The exact wheels I want are there and the only bid is for $2 (no, the wheels aren't trashed, just nobody else interested). I'm ready to go for them until I read the fine print... No shipping -- pickup or 60 mile delivery only. Wheels in Kansas City and me outside of Boston. Email to double check this confirms it. What to do?...

Time to see if those people on AW are as nice as they seem... I page OCDboy (aka kc_kris) and ask him via email if he can help me out, "Would you be willing to take delivery on some wheels and ship them to me in Boston?" Without any idea of who I am (total AW NOOB), he agrees. I end up getting the wheels for $567 (less than half of what I was going to pay) and they are deliverd to Kris. He takes some high res photos of the wheels and sends them to me to confirm that they are in great shape, scrounges up some packing materials, packages them like they're his own children, takes some more pics, and sends them on their way. A few days later, I'm the VERY happy recipient of some sweet wheels and a very grateful AW fan.

Thanks to ALL the people who helped me make my decision (GrapeKing, BostonDriver, and all the others), but especially to OCDboy for hanging it out there (and rewarding me for doing the same) to take the risk of putting his own time and money on the line for a stranger. You rock dude, you really rock.

When I feel the rush of my side pressing into the bolster as I hit my favorite on-ramp this spring, I'll be thinking of you guys and smiling. Looking forward to officially joining the club tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cashmere Grey Rocks!

At lest it is not 'another' silver car ;-)

I was not so sure at first buy the colour is timeless.

Welcome
Old 03-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Fear the Miata!

Default been that way here for a long time........I had never met Boston Driver, but talked to him almost

everyday...then he wanted a 4.2 and where did he find one...here in the chicago area....so I went to look I poked, prodded and had the car checked out for him.....he came to chicago to pick it up with grapeking then about 50 chicago area audi folks had a gtg......MichaelAngelo sold me his coilovers, and ming.moro sold me his bbk....also not knowing these people except via email and a few postings here.......this is a great place so this story doesn't suprise me.....glad everything worked out.......OCDboy is just doing his job to help out a fellow aw'er...nice job sir!..8^)
Old 03-02-2006, 09:54 PM
RLG
AudiWorld Super User

Default Kris is a good guy. I just can't get over the fact that he still packages his own children to travel

"scrounges up some packing materials, packages them like they're his own children..."

Old habits die hard, eh Kris?

Old 03-03-2006, 02:29 AM

Default Tips Hat to All

Been a lurker for about 3 mos now...still waiting to pull the trigger on an A6.

This is one of the most decent and respectful forums I have ever been to (cars or otherwise)

Hats off to all on AW.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No Prob...I'm sure I can count on many of these folks...except Robert of course

oops...I meant <i>especially</i> Robert (my bad).

Yes, AW is a great community that truly works to help each other out.

I'm very envious of those wheels...man what deal! Glad I could help out!
Old 03-03-2006, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, we are part of a great community, and Kris is a big contributor.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That is a great story - - props to Kris! And thanks for sharing!
Old 03-03-2006, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Very nice story, and nice to meet you earlier this week...

can't wait to see it up close! Pics as soon as you can, but I awnt to see it in person!!!

I think I'll be planning a Boston Area A6-only GTG this spring. Yeah, it is fun organizing the bir meets with everyone, but it would be nice to ahve the local A6 owners have a "special" event.

Let us know how things go today picking up the new ride!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

cheaper to ship the kids UPS than buy airline tickets for them?? LOL

Quick Reply: A great AW story and thanks to OCDboy (aka kc_kris) - long