Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi Other 2001 S8 for Sale (needs repair)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 11:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts
Default 2001 S8 for Sale (needs repair)

See the listing here:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4381771883.html

Sorry, this car has a "story". It's my father's. I think it has a rebuilt title (more about that later) and needs some work right now. But for the right buyer, it's worth it.

if you know S8s they are great cars. 360 HP V8 engine, quattro drive train, all leather interior. This one was optioned pretty highly. Parking sensors. Sunroof. Navigation. Rear shade. Black recaro sport seats. Seat heaters in all four seats. The interior is in excellent condition.

My father really liked this car, and kept it in excellent shape. In fact, about a year ago, when someone hit the rear of the car while it was parked, he chose to have the car fixed even though his insurance company wanted to total it. He had the work done by Grace in So City. They did a perfect job. The damage was not significant (just to the trunk) but if you know the Audi space frame, it takes little to cause it to be totaled. Since then, the car was scraped on the right side, but more recently, he pulled over a parking berm and when he backed out, it pulled off the bumper, causing some damage. It can be remounted, but the plastic cover will have to be repaired and painted.

Now, the car has just under 132,000 miles, but the timing belt job was done very recently ( I think within 5k miles). Transmission shifts smoothly. The only problems I am aware of besides the bumper issue are the following: (1) there's a slight burning smell coming from the left front wheel well area. I think it is a dragging caliper...I wasn't able to check it, but that's what it smells like, and I couldn't see any evidence of problems in the engine bay. (2) the radio is in "safe" mode and we haven't been able to find the key code. The buyer can simply get the code from the dealer.

With a little work, I think the buyer will have a great car that should give years of enjoyment. It's a fun, fast q-ship...owned by enthusiasts. I have a 2001 and 2007 A8 (otherwise I'ld buy it) and my dad has had audis since 1984, including the ultra rare V8 Quatrro 5spd).

Ask all questions...