VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Success VAGging my car today. VAG noobs read on! I have a few Q's too..

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Success VAGging my car today. VAG noobs read on! I have a few Q's too..

|| 2003 A4 Avant 1.8T || Ross Tech software 6.07

OK, so I finally took some time to dive into this VAG-COM stuff.

First off, it was hard finding any "VAG for dummies" sites and being a pretty computer literate person, I was really looking for online examples of how to get some simple mods done. Usually after seeing 1 or 2 examples of how something is done, I can figure the rest out, but for this i was pretty much on my own.

Got most of my info from Ross-Tech, Audiworld forum on Vag-Com, and Wiki.ross-tech.

Starting with simple mods like, eliminating the door chime, window rollup via keyfob, central locking at 10mph...

After a few minutes of reading and exploring the software, NOT AS HARD AS IT SEEMS!

NOTE: YOUR CODING VALUE WILL DIFFER, I'm only providing this as an example. I am not responsible if you f*ck up your car

Central locking @ 10mph

1. Log into VAG-COM
2. go to 46-Comfort System
3. go to CODING
4. Write down your coding value

In my case it was 12044. For those that dont understand this value, refer to this page. This value represents the SUM of all your configured options.

So, knowing that i dont have this option I simply added 32 to the value (+00032 = Central Locking at 15 km/h (or 10 mph) for a total of 12076

5. I Entered 12076 and hit DO IT!.
6. Disconnected laptop and took the ride out for a quick spin, sure enough doors locked at 10mph! Doors also unlock when you turn the ignition off

WINDOW ROLLUP AND ROLLDOWN VIA KEYFOB

1. Log into VAG-COM
2. go to 46-Comfort System
3. go to ADAPTATION
4. Enter channel 062 (Comfort Functions)

Write down the adaptation value.

In this example, my adaptation value was set to 95. Click here to view the adaptation values for this feature. So this value tells me that I have ALL the options enabled already except for opening the sunroof via remote and lock cylinder which isn't available anyways.

Now here's the problem, my remote doesn't do that though?! I had to take a closer look at what was going on before realizing that in the main coding section of Comfort System, there is an option that enables comfort functions via remote: "+00064 = Comfort Function via Remote Control (not USA)". I was puzzled as to why it said "not USA" but i decided to give it a shot.

5. Back at the main Comfort System screen click on CODING
6. Added 64 to the value of 12076 = 12140. Click DO IT!
7. Tested the remote and sure enough VIOLA! Windows rolling up and down via remote!

QUESTION ABOUT THIS MOD: I was reading in an A3 forum posting that you can modify an adaptation channel to Auto rollup, instead of having to HOLD the remote button in while it completely closes. Anyone know this? I dont want to have to hold the button down and waste batteries just to close the windows/sunroof. If i need to crack the windows, I can use the roll DOWN feature and release the button as needed.

alright now here's a present for some of you who have wondered about this:

FOG LIGHTS ON WITH PARKING LIGHTS (Daytime Running Lights [DRL]), BUT NOT LOWBEAMS
(Supposedly only avail on 2002 models)

NOTE: I have bi-xenon ecodes installed.
1. Log into VAG COM
2. go to 09-Central Electronics
3. Click on CODING

OK so, here's the wierd thing, my coding was set to 03 (Conventional Halogens / USA). I set the coding to 13 (Xenon headlights / USA) and there wasn't any difference w/ how the foglights turned on. I set the coding to 14 (Xenon headlights / Canada)..... sawwwweeet.

Here's how it runs now
- Fog lights now turn on w/ city lights, when you put your switch on the parking light position.
- When I turn switch to low beam position, fog lights turn off, city lights stay on.
- Same position, fog light switch pulled, fog lights turn on!

NOTE: I believe have a late model 2002 (Dec), Even though my car is a 2003. perhaps this is why I can do this. Thoughts?

QUESTION ABOUT THIS MOD: I read on ross-tech that Radio and Climate control lighting is affected by this mod, any idea what that refers to?

...and one final question: WHERE THE HECK is the door chime coding/adaptation found?!

Thanks in advance guys, hope this helps...
Brian
Old 02-10-2007, 09:11 PM

Will your codes work on an 2000 A6?
Old 02-11-2007, 04:57 AM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Default Generally not, no.

The systems in a 2000 A6 are from a prior generation than the ones in a 2003 A4.

Click the link below for some some C5/4B tweaks.

-Uwe-<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec36.shtml">https://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec36.shtml</a</li></ul>
Old 02-12-2007, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Generally not, no.

Uwe, do you happen to know where i can find instructions on the removing the door chime? My understanding is that I VAG the Instrument cluster as Europe, then i have to go back in and change something from Kilometers to Miles.

I could be completely wrong though, because i got that from an A3 writeup.

Thanks in advance.

Brian