Sponsored by:

New VAG-COM Owner Here

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New VAG-COM Owner Here

Hello,

Thanks to Zulujams for helping me with a bunch of VAG-COM mods a while back. I finally got around to buying the Ross-Tech unit and have tested it and registered it.

There is a thread about a boost gauge here. Does anyone know if this works for the 2012 S4 Prestige?

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Pyro, congrats on your new cable! It is pretty amazing what you can do and see with it. I don't know about boost unfortunately. If you don't get an answer in this thread, try the S4 one. Some of the guys who go to the strip probably know. It sounds like you can log a number of parameters once you know how. Good luck! Things are a little crazy at the moment, but if you need someone to either ride or drive while you check stuff out in motion, let me know and we can try to set something up.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Zulujams.

I forgot you had the lap timer enabled. Supposedly the boost gauge was a bonus in the Qx along with the lap timer. If you don't have it available via the stalk DIS selector I am guessing I will not either.

I will have to enable the lap timer this weekend and see what happens.

I still have yet to see a video of the "emergency braking" lights in action. One of these days we will have to set up a follow and get a video of it.

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry, I didn't research what was available for another model. Lap timer gives you a lap timer that goes down the screen with each lap using the stalk side button and resests via the bottom reset button. You can do a split time also, I think by using the toggle button on the side. The oil temp is at the top of the screen. I don't think we have a boost gauge built in there. I'm guessing that the strip guys are actively logging boost and other parameters with the cable and software unless a physical gauge is installed?

Emergency braking...a few people have activated it but I don't think I've seen a post with confirmation that it works. My Passat was supposed to have that built-in but I never tested it and never had to use it in action thankfully.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zulujams
Emergency braking...a few people have activated it but I don't think I've seen a post with confirmation that it works. My Passat was supposed to have that built-in but I never tested it and never had to use it in action thankfully.
I read somewhere that it had to be full on application of brakes at >= 40mph. Maybe I don't really want to test it.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Use a deserted road or an industrial park on a weekend I guess and make sure to leave some room at the end of the run. Should be fine...but I'll let you go first ;-) Let me know if you have a free Sunday coming up soon and we'll talk about meeting up to check this out!

No luck on your boost question. Maybe try reposting with boost in the subject line, or PM primetime maybe.

Last edited by zulujams; 03-21-2012 at 08:53 AM.