Heater Blower Motor HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Blower Motor HELP!

Hey All. Big heater problems. Aparently my blower motor is dead. Arg. Has anybody ever swaped a blower motor from an 84 5000S (Canadian Model with A/C)? How hard of a job is it?

Jonathan.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Heater Blower Motor HELP!

well glad to help as your car is just like mine.

you can either go there "noticed that a nice person gave me this link for my heater blower removal and replacement procedures"

http://www.elektro.com/~audi/audi/blowerfix.html

or simply read though this
--------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Some of the people mentioned to use a "crowbar" mispeled it i think. well i have found something else better and will cause almost no damage to the module.

---------Here is how to do it----------------
- Take off the module retainer then
use a blade to crack the seal in the firewall area on the uper level of the module
- Remove the centre part in your car where your climate control, tranny arm, stereo is sitting. once removed just disconnect a few wires, remove the boots on each side of the module.
-Then from the inside of the car, use a wooden baseball bat and gently move the module until it gets free off it's seal and moves nicely "help is required for this section, ask the second person to move it while you try to put it out from the inside".

Once that is done go with your partner in the engine compartment, carefully remove the tube on the passenger side. once removed, take off all 3 screws on the passenger side of the module. Then, ask your partner to lift the module high enough for you to remove the motor. forgot to mention that you need to remove the circlip that holds the motor. once the motor out, just slide your other one in, put the circlip back on the motor, and you know the rest. puting it back is the reverse of the removal and yada yada yada

the baseball bat made of wood will less likely crack or damage any wires or your heater module from the inside, but keep in mind not to force it. or else, you will crack it and have to buy another one. so i figured in the worse case scenario would be 3 hours, well it took me 2:30 hours to replace the the fan and put everything back.

Good luck
Old 12-03-2002, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Heater Blower Motor HELP!

Okay... After reading the lengthy description of how to change the Blower motor, I was completely sold on the idea of letting a pro do the repair... So 3 hours and $400 (CDN) later, I have heat once again. Oh Joy. Thanks to everybody who replied!

Jonathan
1984 Audi 5000S (330 000 KM)