TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

ttdude's stupid Friday poll #38: guest starring VenTTed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ttdude's stupid Friday poll #38: guest starring VenTTed!

A wise man once said, "When you don't know what to do, delegate." Well, someone probably said something like that at one point...

The problem with seclusion is that one's mind starts to mushify (see, I'm making up words). The point is that I decided to start using guest stars for the Friday poll when I can't come up with a stupid enough topic...

And I decided the honor of being the first guest should go to VenTTed (aka Glen). I first met him, non-electronically, at TT-East last year. I knew right away that we were on the same wavelength - sarcasm, boozin', and a certain verticality of coiffure... As has happened repeatedly, it was a great pleasure to make a new friend from another part of the country. At TT-West I got to see him again (and meet his lovely wife). We spent some great late night time just chatting, like friends who had known each other for years.

None of that really factored into my decision to make Glen my first guest star. I just wanted to make a big show of pointing out that he still owes me a drink.

Let's see what Glen has to say, while I go get an afternoon of skiing in...

It's now been more than 3.5 years since the launch of the Audi TT. In that time we have seen the car, made a decision to purchase and now own one (at least most of us do...).

My purchase of an Audi, and more specifically the TT, was influenced by many things: the fact that my parents had a 4000S 5+5 in the 80's, the fact that they car is absolutely beautiful, that Audi offers all-wheel drive on all of it's models, and, of course, the fact that I could afford it.

The topic of today's poll revolves around your next automobile purchase. Will you purchase another Audi as your NEXT car? Has your experience with the TT been so positive that you will get yourself to the dealer to purchase any of the up and coming models offered by Audi?

Of course, many people are brand loyal, they'll buy Fords for a lifetime and never think about alternatives. Personally, I think that I am brand loyal to Audi after this purchase, and I don't have a good excuse why. My car (like many of ours) is not perfect and certainly has it's share of issues, but I still love Audi and will most likely buy another when the time comes.

So, here are the pre-programmed options for your response. As usual, and in keeping with Steve's tradition, feel free to use your own response, but please answer this main question. Has your ownership of the Audi TT influenced you to purchase another Audi as your next car purchase?

A) I am a follower and will purchase an Audi independent of any negative experiences with my current TT.
B) My next car will be a stationary bike. My Audi TT has been in for service so many times, at least I'll get some benefit from my new sTTationary pedal pusher.
C) The Audiworld Forum has provided me with so much mental stimulation (with the exception of all the noobs that just PISSMEOFF!), that I'll purchase another Audi just to be a part of the Forum scene.
D) I'll purchase a GTI as my next car because I want to be just like Scott!
E) A Beach car is my only option... Rahul makes it seem so "dreamy", obviously.
F) Other (please specify)

Thanks for playing, and thank you Steve for allowing me to be a integral part of your sTTupid poll. :-)

You're welcome Glen. Thanks for, y'know, thinking of something.

VenTTed's self-response: apparently A, from what he wrote above.

ttdude's self-response: mostly A - I'd consider another TT, but the rest of the line doesn't impress me enough to justify dealing with the crappy service. Frankly, I don't see my TT going away - maybe just moved to weekend only use, and suplemented by something (less fun) as a daily driver.

last week's results: Obviously most of us drove the TT day one. I was happy to note all the references to grinning, happiness, and showing off.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

My wife keeps hounding me about a TT Roadster anyone selling?? NO KIDS PLEASE!
Old 02-07-2003, 08:59 AM

Default F - love my TT and will definitely consider another...but i loathe AoA with a passion...

...and unless they start to improve, then i'm going to look elsewhere for my next car purchase.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F) I will purchase another Audi if they have a car that I want but

not *just* to purchase an Audi.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:07 AM

F) HPA TT, R32 or if the money is there Porsche
Old 02-07-2003, 09:08 AM

Default F) I will definately consider another Audi but am not brand loyal at this point

Will have to compete with MB and BMW. Would love an S8 though.

And E, obviously.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:09 AM

Daryl...DEFINITELY. That's two times today with that "A"!!!!
Old 02-07-2003, 09:10 AM

Ack!!! I know....I just edited the other one. This one will stand. Sorry :-(
Old 02-07-2003, 09:11 AM

Default F) Love the TT and the S4, and have been pretty happy with my Audi experince as a whole.

For now I'm brand loyal, as long as Audi and my dealer keep me happy like they have been.

Right now there's nothing else I'd like to replace the TT with. Maybe supplement it with something, but not replace.

Yo Dude! How are ya? I need to come up and visit up and visit you soon. Maybe toward the end of the month. How's that sound? I will e-mail soon.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:11 AM

LOL....Just giving you grief....LOL

Quick Reply: ttdude's stupid Friday poll #38: guest starring VenTTed!