TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

APR USA, APR Europe, Revo Technik - Who's who? and Serial Port Chipping

Old 01-06-2003, 08:10 AM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, where is all of this new found learned chip programming coming from

if not Alabama? Did APR just create this European company, rename it and now skipped town and left it behind?

Come on Sean, think about it. The European car owners didn't accept the APR name in Europe. APR needed to hook up with a known entity(Forge) and then change their name to Revo Technik. Now they are going to import their stuff back into the US via Forge to charge a premium.

What I don't understand is, why does Forge need Revo/APR in the first place? Doesn't Forge sell everything that Revo/APR already sells? They have their own chips, at least they did at one point on their website, I don't frequent it very often.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:15 AM

Default Not the case.

APR is in no way associated with Revo nor forge. I cannot go into any detail here but I can assure you and anyone else reading this, APR will not stand by and allow our name or technology to be used without our permission.

Stephen/APR
Old 01-06-2003, 08:29 AM
Elder Member

Default Then please explain . . .

APR had a presence in Europe called APR Europe. Now a company called Revo states on their website that they are formerly APR Europe. What happened, did the APR Europe thing not work, the employees have a mutiny and decide to form their own company using the knowledge they learned from working in Alabama over the years?

Seriously, what's the story with this. It really sounds almost as fishy as some other Audi Tuner goings on . . .
Old 01-06-2003, 08:47 AM

Default At this time

I cannot say anything publicly. APR LLC is in no way involved with these activities. APR will not allow anyone to use our technology or name without our permission. That is all I can say right now.

Stephen/APR
Old 01-06-2003, 08:50 AM
Elder Member

Default Ok, but you can understand where the confusion is coming from and leading to . . .

I was just taking it to the extreme, which is something we in the Audi community have come to know and hate the last few years . . .

Please post once you can. But if I were you, I would state clearly on the various forums that APR has nothing to do with Rivo Technik, else they will be making a push in the US market riding your name.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:21 PM

Default Re: APR USA, APR Europe, Revo Technik - Who's who? and Serial Port Chipping

so let me see if my feeble mind can keep track here....

known facts:

- mitchell goes to europe to start apr europe
- mitchell used to work for apr USA
- mitchell is posting on that other board as 'revo-technik' or whomever
- apr lost a chip tuner around the bbq of this past year...

speculation:

- could he have gone with mitchell to start apr europe?

either way, i hope for aprUS's sake that they had everyone sign nda's....
Old 01-06-2003, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Info from APR USA

Jeffery, we are no longer associating with APR Europe. We have maintained a distributor basis in Europe and I have provided a link to our main importer below. I suggest that you contact Awesome GTI for more info.
Thanks.
Jeremy Auvil
Old 01-06-2003, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Larry, REVO and Forge say no.

From what I've been told/read so far, the cost of the software should be slightly less then what the current US APR software is.

In any case, even if the serial-based software was higher by $200, that is still going to be cheaper overall to buying a spare ECU + current APR chip. In addition, for us 2002+ TT owners, we don't need to rescue the ECU from the chastity belt Audi placed on it. Thus, we are left with no visible clues that the ECU is modified.

Sign me up!
Old 01-14-2003, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Here is what I heard regarding this whole situation.......

hoTTub: you are almost spot on from what I heard. plus I don't think revo stole any technology.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:50 AM
Elder Member

Default How can you not think they stole any technology?

Anything the former APR employees created would be owned by APR at the time of their employment their. If you are saying they developed this new technology during off hours, then where did they get the knowledge from? They received all of their training and knowledge from APR themselves, thus anything they "developed" would be fully owned by APR themselves.

These stole technology from APR and are going to profit off of it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: APR USA, APR Europe, Revo Technik - Who's who? and Serial Port Chipping