TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

ttdude's stupid Friday poll #32: looking back

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ttdude's stupid Friday poll #32: looking back

I hope everyone had (is having) a fun holiday season.

With just a couple days left in 2002, it seems like a good time to review the year.

What is your most memorable (positive or negative) personal TT event of the year?

What is your most memorable TT forum moment of the year?

Self-responses: The first question is definitely tough. TT-West was a blast, running into JeremyTT on my trip home from DC was bizarre (and wonderful), and TT-East as a whole was simply awesome. I think the real winner for me was the road trip home from TT-East. Cruising along the Blue Ridge Parkway, lonely roads for nightriding (route 212 in VA, I think), and a fun caravan with new friends made for one of the coolest road trips I've ever had.

The second question is easier. I'm really proud of the <a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/714202.phtml">Rahul poll</a>. It still makes me chuckle, remembering that morning when the concept popped into my head.

As my final tsFp thoughts for this year, I would like to take a moment to note some of the forum folks I have met and now have the privilege of considering friends. To those I may overlook, my apologies in advance. I've met (or only exchanged messages) with almost no one here that I *don't* like, and I find that truly amazing.

First, the whole crew in the Boston area (*way* too many to name individually) - we've had some good get togethers, and I think we'll still be able to plan some more before I get my act together and possibly move.

The SoCal folks I got to meet at TT-East (VenTTed, TTigg, and their respective fabulous wives) and again at TT-West - be afraid, for I will eventually take you up on your offers of California vacations!

The Arizona crew - MyBlueTT (and his great wife), Discobarbie, and Ex-TTahoe-Bum - your hospitality for TT-West was beyond all expectations.

JeremyTT - a random meeting on the highway meant more to me, as a reminder of the goodness in people, than I have reasonably been able to explain to almost anyone. Looking back someday, that day may prove to be a turning point.

KimTT - I love talking about movies with you. It's nice not to be the only film dork around here.

DennyTT - Hi mom.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-27-2002, 07:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Asheville was the event for me, the Biltmore (good) the drive (better) and...

the partying (best) I really had a great time meeting new faces as well as some old, cant wait to see what the guys dig up this year.

I also really thought it was cool to be invited to Joel's/Jill's wedding, to think that I have friends because of a car, and even more screwy because of a website is pretty odd.

For the biggest forum event? hhhmmm, there are alot and the ones that come to mind are all recent because of my &lt;ahem&gt; long term memory loss.

I think the Blk Roadster for sale with kids was one of the most entertaining (and annoying at the same time) thing that happened on the forums.
Old 12-27-2002, 07:14 AM
Elder Member

Default Hi, son ;-D

Favorite TT moment of 2002: (don't get sad, it was a funny, special moment) The last time I had Bob in the TT, I was bringing him home from the emergency room. As I usually had him gripping the seat or the dashboard, I decided to take it really, really easy and give him a totally gentle ride home. About ten minutes into the ride, he turned to me and said: "Are you driving like my grandmother because of me or because of the traffic?" I said: "Because of you." He said, "The hell with that, I want a Raudi ride home; my girl does not drive like a Grandma." So, I granted him his wish and gave him a pretty fun ride home ;-D I remember that each time I get in the car now and it makes me smile.

As far as Forum moments: I guess OWNING Schnell one time and his subsequent removal from the forum. What a total waste of Forum space that guy was.
Old 12-27-2002, 07:14 AM
Elder Member

Default Good topic (I have a similar one in the works for Monday)....

How can anything top TT East (at least for me)?! I can't imagine destroying my gas tank under any circumstances that would not lead to my immediate involuntary civil mental committment - but it happened! Everything about and everyone who attended the event made it spectacular (and saved my sanity).

While not a TT event, per se, the sight of 3 Forum members (Denny, Dave &amp; Sean) seated at a table at my wedding was a perfect example of the level of friendships that I've gained just by starting to post (usually crazy sh*t) on this Forum.

I have plenty more 2002 TT memories but they'll have to wait 'till Monday!
Old 12-27-2002, 07:20 AM
Elder Member

Your wedding was my favorite TT event of the year ;-D
Old 12-27-2002, 07:22 AM
Elder Member

Thanks, Den! (BTW, where is BarTTender these days??).
Old 12-27-2002, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Here's mine.....

Memorable event is definitely Asheville.....definitely. The Dragon drive in particular. Never in my life have a I pushed a car on a public road quite as hard as I drove Bob Cenk's(Bob rulez).

TT forum event. Prolly have to go with Sean on this one. Baiting steven audi tt kept me laughing for hours. My personal favorite sub thread in the whole thing:
After going back and forth about his car condition for hours, asking about leather, scratches, wheel scuffs, and then asking them all over again, steven audi tt finally gets pissed at me and responds in all caps. I respond with "chill dude, these are standard questions." He tells me he's sorry for yelling.

and I do have a favorite o/t forum moment:
Some 16 year old n00b starts it with"what is it like going in for service and having to swap your cool car for some P.O.S. rental"

Response by 2.7T dallas:"Like going from my girlfriend to yours"

To me, this was the funniest moment on the forums this year.
Old 12-27-2002, 07:23 AM
Elder Member

LOL, guess he was a driveby ;-D
Old 12-27-2002, 07:35 AM

Default Meeting you in Maryland was definitely the #1 TT personal event of the year

Like you, it's still difficult for me to explain to others.

And as for my #1 Forum event of the year, it has the be all of the great responses that I get to my morning lack-of-caffeine-induced rants. It just shows that the people around here are more than just car nuts, but are truly great, fun, real people.

Happy holidays to you!

Oh, and Hi, Mom!
Old 12-27-2002, 07:36 AM

Default 1- TT east for sure. 2- Finding this forum and learning something about the TT.

3.Being on the cover of the TT east DVD.. Thanks to all .

Quick Reply: ttdude's stupid Friday poll #32: looking back