TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

ttdude's stupid Friday poll #24: what was that?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ttdude's stupid Friday poll #24: what was that?

Ah, quattro. High performance tires. Coilovers. Big brake kits. Reflexive dodging of potholes.

Doesn't matter - we all still hit stuff (or it hits us). What's the most damaging/disgusting/annoying thing you've hit (or have been hit by) in your TT? If it was just sitting in the driveway and you weren't actually driving, that counts too. Basically, tell us a story.

Self-response: I was heading to my parents' house in the spring, and it must have been some sort of migratory evening - I came across *many* frogs crossing a darkened road. I realized what it was as soon as I was on top of them (literally), but there was nothing to be done at that point except say, "Ewwwww!" For her sake, I didn't answer my mom when she asked what I needed to clean from the car with the hose.

Last week's results: Most people didn't see the poll last week, regarding TT-West. That was sort of the point, but I didn't mean to get my days messed up and have to end up posting it in the wee hours (thanks to Glen for the dialup assist). Hey, it wasn't one of my best polls anyway.

Aside: How would you feel if I expanded the scope of the poll? That is, generally leaving behind TT minutiae (which I am quickly running out of) and moving on to whatever strikes me? This would be a shift to Off-Topic, so how many people wouldn't even see it? I just want to poll the constituency (which is legal here, and I understand some even enjoy that sort of thing...)
Old 11-01-2002, 07:46 AM
Elder Member

Default migratory goose poop is fairly disgusting.

but that hit me, not t'other way 'round.

please expand poll at will.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:47 AM
Elder Member

Default HEY!

Where's the "Rahuligan" part of this poll?!?!?! I want my money back! :-p<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/513266.phtml">I am a bloodthirsty marmot killing pirate - ARRRGGGH!!! P-)</a></li></ul>
Old 11-01-2002, 07:48 AM

well there was this one time and the kitty kat (ewwwwww!)
Old 11-01-2002, 07:49 AM

Default Well, I ran over a turtle :-(

It really wasn't my fault... he was moving so fast, that I couldn't see him.

Actually, it was at night and I was driving around a bend and before I knew it, I felt a thud. I didn't stop to look at the carnage, but I know it wasn't pretty.

As for the OT poll: go for it.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ever seen the VW commercial with the guy who runs to tackle the on-coming shopping cart....

that is about to hit his car.
Well I did that, but it was too late.
Luckily it didn't ding it at all.
The TT is solid in that respect.

But I also had a van run over a rock and another car run over a piece of ripped tires from truck trailer. Both cars (on separate occasions) were right in front of me. These things came straight at me like a rocket launched from a projectile which hit the front end and then the windshield.
Scary sound!

Result, nice scratch on the lense that can't be buffed out. Invisiguards are soooo important. Make sure you have them. The rock left a slight chip on winshield that can barely be seen.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:50 AM

Default Especially with the roadster top. :(

Agree with Nancy -- poll away!
Old 11-01-2002, 07:50 AM

Default I was driving the TT to work..

(a rare occurrence, because I usually take the beater) and drove past some high-school-aged punks waiting for the schoolbus. I heard a 'bang' sort of noise and throught I saw one of the kids throw something just before that. Can't be sure, since it was in my peripheral vision, and I wasn't exactly looking for it.

When I got to my office (a few minutes later) I had a large paint chip missing from the driver's side front wheelwell, really the side of the front skirt. Just outside of the area protected by the clear bra.

At that moment, I put 2 &amp; 2 together (DUH!) and wanted to go back, find the punk (undoubtedly on a school bus by now) who did it, and slowly &amp; painfully remove body parts. Sort of like the scene that never happens in a James Bond film...

Now, I need to take it to a good detail guy to get it filled in.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:52 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lost the pic to Photopoint, but that's okay because it was

disgusting. Took the old TT and went to dinner at a great restaurant on the water, came back out to find the entire back of the car covered solid with goose poop....looked like they had hovered over the car for target practice...very gross.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In my younger (and unmarried) days, I'd hit anything.

As for you going OT, do it! :-)

Quick Reply: ttdude's stupid Friday poll #24: what was that?