TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

New Inventory?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Haven't seen a Mk3 TTS of Mk3 TT here in Oregon in 2 years...
Old 11-11-2020, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never seen a single TT/TTS/TTRS in Brooklyn.....
Old 11-11-2020, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
As of now, there are no further TTRS allocations, but out of all the models, that will be likely the most allocated, as it's the one with the most inherent demand.
hmmm....my dealer said he will get the allocation in Dec, I put down 1k deposit, should I worry?
Old 11-11-2020, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by freezingcat
hmmm....my dealer said he will get the allocation in Dec, I put down 1k deposit, should I worry?
No need to worry -- Audi'll give a dealer with a sale an allocation. Even if Audi doesn't, your dealer can trade for one with another dealer.
The following users liked this post:
Huey52 (11-12-2020)
Old 11-12-2020, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Yep, not to worry. Your Audi dealer is in the business of selling vehicles and will make it happen one way or another, especially high(er) price tag.

My wife's Benz GLA was a trade between dealers from a couple states away (ok, that's not far in New England. Boston-Portland ).

Originally Posted by Nebuul
No need to worry -- Audi'll give a dealer with a sale an allocation. Even if Audi doesn't, your dealer can trade for one with another dealer.
Old 11-12-2020, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Are your 21 numbers allocations or on lots?

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
there are a total of 117 21's as of now, between all. Not many get allocations, and even those who do, don't necessarily want them. As of now, there are no further TTRS allocations, but out of all the models, that will be likely the most allocated, as it's the one with the most inherent demand. A few RS’s exist now, but not many.

36 2020's still exist, and that would be the one to score the deal on
If on lots, I'm surprised so few are listed on cars.com and autotrader
Old 11-12-2020, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Yeah it's the chicken and egg syndrome

Originally Posted by SpideyTT!!!
I wish I understood Audi USA's logic here.
The old adage is "if you build it they will come".
The converse is also true "if you don't build it, they DEFINITELY won't come".
Dealers don't stock TT's, so they don't sell TT's. But they don't sell TT's because they don't stock them, and there are none to be seen...

I wish that we could be the TT army that puts an end to the SUV-loving mass hysteria.
With dealers ordering so few to put on lots, no wonder US sales have tanked. Worldwide sales have not dropped as sharply as they have in the US. Personally, I think it's a price issue. The TT is now in the range of a new corvette getting rave reviews, the new Supra/Z4 that are getting rave reviews, and a Porsche for about $10K more. You can also buy a new BMW 2 series that outperforms in the TT for less money out the door (due to deep discounts) than the TT. Like other posters on this thread, I love the fact that I drive an exclusive car. No one is going to come up to you at a gas station and ask "what's that?" with the other cars.
Old 11-15-2020, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

We have had 3 over the last 10 years (wife's car), so have always paid attention to stock/popularity, etc.

The TT has a lot going for it from a design standpoint, and thanks to the MK3 updates finally brought something to the table with driving dynamics. I absolutely love the interior design, and from an interior build quality standpoint it blows away both B9 cars I have had (S4 and RS5). The only points against here that I can come up with are the price and the content (no front cameras, memory seats, adaptive CC, etc). Personally I can care less about the lack of tech, but with my wife being a foot shorter than me the lack of memory seats is my biggest knock on the car.

The 2 door market segment is a dying one unfortunately. Hell I was able to pick up my RS5 coupe for a steal from the dealer because they just cant move anything with 2 doors anymore (sportback sells right away). I think the TT is an amazing car though, and I actually love the fact that they are so rare. I went stage 1 APR on our TTS, and I am very happy with the results; but I still keep an eye out for a TTRS because . . . . well that 5 cylinder soundtrack!

Old 11-16-2020, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Reality is everyone wants a freaking SUV, there is a reason Lambo and Ferrari have a SUV model. Audi and all other car manufactures are a business afterall, they are here to make money - in other words they are not gonna make sth that does not sell well
Old 11-17-2020, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by freezingcat
Reality is everyone wants a freaking SUV...
Not everyone wants an SUV.

It's just that enough want SUVs that it drives the sales focus there.

The dealer system exacerbates the issue, because no dealer wants to stock a car that they might not sell, so people don't even see the coupés and small sedans, so they don't see them as an option, so there is less interest in them, leading back to the SUVs...
The following 2 users liked this post by SpideyTT!!!:
Huey52 (11-17-2020), VGM911 (11-17-2020)

Quick Reply: New Inventory?