TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Map update

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
Oh No, it's certainly not business as usual in the USA!! …..
Huey52 beat me to answering your question, partly because he's on the East Coast and I'm in Colorado....and I think he gets up very early in the morning

But let me add that some states have been dangerously slow to implement restrictions and guidelines. In Colorado, our governor, Jared Polis, has been pro-active since the first indication of the extent of the problem. He has been exemplary in terns of clarity and guidance as have some other governors. Until relatively recently the Federal government, i.e. administration, had been dangerously misleading even to the point of having denied the issue in the face of evidence to the contrary. Fortunately, they are now implementing some 'requests' that should help the situation.

In Colorado we have a social-distancing mandate of minimum 6 feet separation and people are generally good about sticking to it.

My wife and I have kids and grandkids both in London and in Cardiff. One granddaughter is a care-giver so her risk is higher on a daily basis...but they're all doing ok at this point, as are my wife and I.

Yes, Good Luck and Stay Safe !

On a side note, I have found it to be very helpful when forum members indicate their location in their profiles

Old 04-01-2020, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bill tyler
Huey52 beat me to answering your question, partly because he's on the East Coast and I'm in Colorado....and I think he gets up very early in the morning

But let me add that some states have been dangerously slow to implement restrictions and guidelines. In Colorado, our governor, Jared Polis, has been pro-active since the first indication of the extent of the problem. He has been exemplary in terns of clarity and guidance as have some other governors. Until relatively recently the Federal government, i.e. administration, had been dangerously misleading even to the point of having denied the issue in the face of evidence to the contrary. Fortunately, they are now implementing some 'requests' that should help the situation.

In Colorado we have a social-distancing mandate of minimum 6 feet separation and people are generally good about sticking to it.

My wife and I have kids and grandkids both in London and in Cardiff. One granddaughter is a care-giver so her risk is higher on a daily basis...but they're all doing ok at this point, as are my wife and I.

Yes, Good Luck and Stay Safe !

On a side note, I have found it to be very helpful when forum members indicate their location in their profiles
Thats crazy man. Well nothing but to wait and see where this takes us.

P.s- This year was directed by George RR Martin. Enjoy.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

bought a 2019 TTRS in March 2020, it had 2019 map software on it, obviously.

updated today, to 2020 software... thank you OP

Last edited by RyanS3; 04-01-2020 at 01:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
macaddict111 (09-03-2020)
Old 04-02-2020, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Old 04-02-2020, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

[QUOTE=Lookout57;25438307] owners without in-vehicle OTA capabilities/QUOTE]
I do not think any TT's support OTA for map updates. Does anyone know any different??
Old 04-02-2020, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=McTTRS;25439593]
Originally Posted by Lookout57
owners without in-vehicle OTA capabilities/QUOTE]
I do not think any TT's support OTA for map updates. Does anyone know any different??
good question
not sure, but I hope so!

I did download the entire NA continent file before they pulled it. I don't see it on myAudi on the web now.
it's about 13 gb
takes about 30 mins to upload from sd to MMI.

I have it on an SD card. PHL suburbs.
I am not sure if it would work on other platforms, what do you guys think?
is it VIN specific, platform?

Last edited by RyanS3; 04-02-2020 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Any Audi with the latest MMI that offers 5 map updates can use the same data.

I downloaded it once and updated my 2017 Q7 and my 2019 TT RS.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Audi Dealing with Lack of OTA Capability

Log'd on to myAudi earlier today (3-31) to try one last time before the webpage would be unavailable (starting tomorrow, 4-1 according to the info from Audi), with the expectation of getting assistance from Audi Customer Experience if necessary. Lo and behold, the download page is GONE today and the previous link is replaced by a new page telling you allllll about the myAudi app and the "advantage of Audi connect".

So a call to Customer Experience was definitely in order. Spoke with a very helpful rep, explained the situation and that the Owners Manual indicates Map Updates are done via SD Card. Nevertheless, she had me verify in the car that, in fact, there's no OTA option listed in the MMI. After researching it, she said it would have to be done at a dealer service dept., called my local 'preferred' dealer and ascertained that they would charge for the update because they'd have to buy a code.

I politely expressed that that would not be reasonable and 'shared' with her that there must be another solution since it's a limitation of the vehicle causing the issue. I even suggested that since it's simply files, perhaps they could put them on an SD card (or USB stick) and mail it to me. She's going to check with her team and call me back by Thursday.
I received a call from Audi this morning. Good news is they apparently 'get' that they created the issue by removing the download page from the website as well as producing the vehicle with no OTA capability.
So, they are going to mail me a SD card with the Map files. Since they're all working from home now, it can't be done till they're back in the offices. Completely understandable
BRKNJMPR (01-25-2021)
Old 04-02-2020, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

I received a call from Audi this morning. Good news is they apparently 'get' that they created the issue by removing the download page from the website as well as producing the vehicle with no OTA capability.
So, they are going to mail me a SD card with the Map files. Since they're all working from home now, it can't be done till they're back in the offices. Completely understandable
Good to know. As they update the maps twice a year as I understand it, I guess you have to request this every 6 months? (holy exploding SD stash).

The worst of it for me is that I used the web interface to load and manage points for trips in the navigation system and now were are relegated to using the MyAudi app which is vastly inferior for same. One step forward, two steps back.
Lookout57 (04-02-2020)
Old 04-02-2020, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by McTTRS
Good to know. As they update the maps twice a year as I understand it, I guess you have to request this every 6 months? (holy exploding SD stash).

The worst of it for me is that I used the web interface to load and manage points for trips in the navigation system and now were are relegated to using the MyAudi app which is vastly inferior for same. One step forward, two steps back.
I too used the web interface to enter and manage destinations. I noticed on my Q7 which has the new MMI there is no way to manage destinations like you could on the Web.

With my TT RS and A7 not having the latest MMI system I'm screwed as the myAudi app is useless.

Last edited by Lookout57; 04-02-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Map update