TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

All Season Tires for 20" Wheels??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default All Season Tires for 20" Wheels??

So I purchased my TTS earlier this week and it came with Pirelli P Zeros. I was wondering if anyone else had a TTS with the 20 inch wheels because I would like to know if there is an all season tire that fits those wheels. The car isn't my daily but I would like to take the car out on a sunny day in the winter even it is around freezing temperatures. It won't be driven in rain or snow. I've been reading that the P Zeros are not to be driven in temperatures under 45 F due to cracking and limited traction. So I've started looking for all season and I haven't been able to find any tires that fit those wheels. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:27 AM
TT fan

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts

I have '20, but no all season tires here in Europe, only few winter tires (and really expensive)
Old 02-26-2020, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah I noticed that. I just saw one set of winter tires that had an outrageous price. You drive yours in cold weather with those summer tires??
Old 02-26-2020, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by duski
So I purchased my TTS earlier this week and it came with Pirelli P Zeros. I was wondering if anyone else had a TTS with the 20 inch wheels because I would like to know if there is an all season tire that fits those wheels. The car isn't my daily but I would like to take the car out on a sunny day in the winter even it is around freezing temperatures. It won't be driven in rain or snow. I've been reading that the P Zeros are not to be driven in temperatures under 45 F due to cracking and limited traction. So I've started looking for all season and I haven't been able to find any tires that fit those wheels. Any help would be appreciated.
Toyo tires has tires that fit. I have them on my TT-RS. They ride just fine.
Old 02-26-2020, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

As you note, there really aren't any options for AS tires in the OE 255/30-20 size...

However, if you want to consider a slight size tweak, going from a 255/30-20 to a 245/35-20, there are a lot of options to look at.
The 245 is slightly narrower with a bit more side wall (better for pot holes) overall minimal difference in speed.
The Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 is a great all season tire... we've run a 245/35-20 and 275/30-20 (on ABT staggered 8.5"/9.5" wheels) year round on our '18 TTS for 2 years.
All Season Ultra High Performance 245/35-20 @Tire Rack

You could also look at a 255/35-20, but since it's a 1/2" taller sidewall than the 255/30-20 you may have some rubbing issues
Tire Size Calculator

Last edited by 95wildtt; 02-26-2020 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I replaced the 20" Pirelli P Zero summers that came on my 2019 TTS with Toyo Proxes 4 Plus all seasons in the exact OEM size (255/30 R 20). At the time Toyo was the only one making an all season in that size. Tire Rack doesn't carry them. You need to be careful messing with slightly different sizes. There's not a lot of clearance between the top of the tire & the fenders on the TTS with 20" wheels. Might not look like a problem just sitting there, but the first time you hit a significant bump.........
Been running them all this winter - very happy with them.
​​​​​​https://www.toyotires.com/tire/patte...-proxes-4-plus

Last edited by Cadx6; 02-26-2020 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you very much for the help guys. How do the tires look on the car? I do like the look of the P Zeros and how there isn't much sidewall to the tire. Do the Proxes 4 have a significant bigger side wall?
Old 02-26-2020, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you very much for the help guys. How do the tires look on the car? I do like the look of the P Zeros and how there isn't much sidewall to the tire. Do the Proxes 4 have a significant bigger side wall?
The appearance/design graphics will be different due to differing manufacturer, but the size/height will be the same for the same size tires.

Last edited by 95wildtt; 02-26-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 95wildtt
The appearance/design graphics will be different due to differing manufacturer, but the size/height will be the same for the same size tires.
What he said . If you didn't read the sidewall, you'd never know the difference.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:11 PM
TT fan

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts

I live in the warm part of my country, temperature very rarely drop below 41F, but in case of snow I use socks, they are legally chain/winter tires equivalent, here

Yeah I noticed that. I just saw one set of winter tires that had an outrageous price. You drive yours in cold weather with those summer tires??

Quick Reply: All Season Tires for 20" Wheels??