TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Wireless streaming on Audi TT 2014 with Navigation Plus

Old 04-09-2014, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wireless streaming on Audi TT 2014 with Navigation Plus

Hi just bought an Audi TT 2014 with navigation plus. I have been trying to stream my music over bluetooth using the Tune2air device I ordered from Amazon. The car came with a blue ipod connector (30pin) which fits in the glovebox. The model for the adapter is 4F0051510R.
Tune2air gets connected to my iphone 5 but when I press the Media button it gets stuck showing Initialization and nothing happens. I have tried rebooting my phone and also reconnecting the device multiple times without success.

What is that im doing wrong here? Will the red ipod cable make it work? What are the other option to make this work?
Help!!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

When you connect your iphone5 directly to the connector, does it play?
Old 07-31-2014, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

I didn't have the official iPod interface, but did replace my CD player with the iPod drawer (part#8E0-857-925-G-6P). The iPod plays like a CD player (first six playlists are CD 1-6). I think one of the other guys here has the same set up as I do but with the tune2air, but I don't know exactly if it works through the media button or through the phone button. I am planning on getting one to try out but don't have it yet.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadTTripper
I didn't have the official iPod interface, but did replace my CD player with the iPod drawer (part#8E0-857-925-G-6P). The iPod plays like a CD player (first six playlists are CD 1-6). I think one of the other guys here has the same set up as I do but with the tune2air, but I don't know exactly if it works through the media button or through the phone button. I am planning on getting one to try out but don't have it yet.
Our setup is a little different from his since we replaced the glove box CD changer with the "iPod Adapter" unit. This allows direct plug in of a 30 pin Apple device or a bluetooth device such as the Tune 2 Air. In either case,though, you don't get any info on the head unit such as song name, correct track info, etc. To play thru this method you select "Media" on the head unit - then "Source" - then "Audio CD". Basically all we're doing is tricking the head unit into playing what it thinks is still a CD changer.
His would be different since he has an actual AMI installation. Theoretically he should be able to just plug the Tune 2 Air into his 30 pin AMI cable (properly connected to the AMI port in the glove box), pair his music device, select "Media" on the head unit, select "Source", and if I remember right, whatever is connected to the AMI unit should be the last (bottom) selection.
I'm not quite sure why the OP is having problems with the Tune 2 Air. Mine worked perfectly the first time. I've heard horror stories of people buying cheaper units & never getting them to work, but I've heard nothing but success with Tune 2 Air - but - there's a first time for everything
Old 07-31-2014, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Our setup is a little different from his since we replaced the glove box CD changer with the "iPod Adapter" unit. This allows direct plug in of a 30 pin Apple device or a bluetooth device such as the Tune 2 Air. In either case,though, you don't get any info on the head unit such as song name, correct track info, etc. To play thru this method you select "Media" on the head unit - then "Source" - then "Audio CD". Basically all we're doing is tricking the head unit into playing what it thinks is still a CD changer.
His would be different since he has an actual AMI installation. Theoretically he should be able to just plug the Tune 2 Air into his 30 pin AMI cable (properly connected to the AMI port in the glove box), pair his music device, select "Media" on the head unit, select "Source", and if I remember right, whatever is connected to the AMI unit should be the last (bottom) selection.
I'm not quite sure why the OP is having problems with the Tune 2 Air. Mine worked perfectly the first time. I've heard horror stories of people buying cheaper units & never getting them to work, but I've heard nothing but success with Tune 2 Air - but - there's a first time for everything
Ah. Overlooked that part about the actual AMI rather than the CD upgrade like we did. My mistake.

Originally Posted by Kartikgupta
Hi just bought an Audi TT 2014 with navigation plus. I have been trying to stream my music over bluetooth using the Tune2air device I ordered from Amazon. The car came with a blue ipod connector (30pin) which fits in the glovebox. The model for the adapter is 4F0051510R.
Tune2air gets connected to my iphone 5 but when I press the Media button it gets stuck showing Initialization and nothing happens. I have tried rebooting my phone and also reconnecting the device multiple times without success.

What is that im doing wrong here? Will the red ipod cable make it work? What are the other option to make this work?
Help!!
Some posters in other places had issues with either the firmware or software not being the latest. Perhaps there are updates on the manufacturer's website?