TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Hello from a new member!

Old 02-22-2014, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from a new member!

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to make my first post in this forum and say hello to everyone! I'm glad to be here, and I look forward to learning and contributing on this forum.

I recently purchased a red 2010 TTS coupe, and I love it! I live in Western IL, so I bought Motegi wheels and put Blizzaks on them, so this car can practically climb a tree in the winter. For summer, I have the stock 19" wheels and soon-to-come tires will be Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

I'm definitely a car guy, and power and handling are very important to me. The TTS is great, for a great price, and it's nice to be able to throw a few things in the back, unlike the 2-seaters I'm used to.

Anyway, greetings to all of you, and I look forward to the new friends I hope to make here with my new Audi "family".
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2014, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Welcome!

The TTS is a VERY fun car. Civilized when you want it, a bit of a beast when you want that.

You will definitely find the TT a useful car. We jokingly call my TT "the wagon" since it seems to be much bigger on the inside than it looks! Just ignore those supposed back seats, fold them down and load it up! And you will still be able to have loads of fun on the twisties even with a passenger and luggage.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Welcome
Old 02-24-2014, 09:19 AM
Banned

Congrats & Welcome!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Well, so far it seems that with the back seats down, the wide open space in the back allows everything to slide around too much. Better with the seats up for me.

It has been surprising how many comments and thumbs-up I have been getting with this car! They are pretty uncommon around here, and the VERY few I do see are TT, not TTS, and usually convertible. Although just yesterday I saw a red TT just like mine, except not "S".

After a bunch of research, this started with a test drive of a 3.2 V6 from maybe 2003. Not in great condition - I thought the salesman seemed surprised that the car started! Anyway, that was the closest I could get to a test drive for quite a while. But it still felt pretty zippy - that experience kept me looking at these cars. I had to drive 2-1/2 hours to Chicago to get a real test drive back in December.

Just the right mix of fun and utility though!

I would like to consider performance upgrades at some point. I have read the thread about APR with a possible valve issue on the TTRS, don't know if that applies to TTS also, so what OTHER tuning stuff out there is solid for this car?

Thanks in advance!