TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX installed... 2014 TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 07:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX installed... 2014 TT

Just installed this baby, Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX, into my 2014 Audi TT. It is factory equipped with RNS-E (aka Audi MMI Navigation) and Bose sound system. Everything works great; steering wheel buttons, Bluetooth, Bose... Sound quality is so much batter with the AVIC-8000NEX. The sound is improved drastically when comparing with the RNS-E, even with the existing Bose speakers, sub and amp.

Detailed installation write up coming soon...

Old 07-31-2014, 07:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Installation Guide

2014 Audi TT, TTS, TTRS RNS-E Conversion – Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX (AVIC-7000NEX, AVIC-6000NEX, AVIC-5000NEX, AVIC-X8610BS).
** DISCLAIMER: FOLLOW THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR CAR. **

Head Unit:
• Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX ($969)

List of items I've used for this installation:
(All items can be found on eBay)
• PAC C2R-AUDI Radio Replacement Interface (Bose friendly, unlike Connects2 adapters)
• PAC SWI-RC Steering Wheel Control Interface (Keep all the steering wheel buttons work)
• Audi Radio Stereo Removal Tool Keys (To remove the RNS-E)
• CONNECTS2 CT23AU05A Dash Kit (It is very self explanatory)
• Metra 40-EU56 (40eu56) European Dual Fakra Antenna Adapter (For using the existing radio antenna)
• Fakra C male to AVIC green female pigtail RG174 (For using the existing GPS antenna)
Around $230 total for parts

PAC SWI-RC Steering Wheel Control Interface and AC C2R-AUDI Radio Replacement Interface

Metra 40-EU56 (40eu56) European Dual Fakra Antenna Adapter.
*Blue wire is connect to a constant 12V

PAC C2R-AUDI comes with two type of connectors. Use only this one for RNS-E

A lot of installation manuals for the SWI-RC…. But…

You only need this… Read it! It is important… It teaches you how to program the steering wheel controls

Optional...
*It cannot use the existing GPS antenna, need to wire the included antenna to your desired location.

CONNECTS2 CT23AU05A Dash Kit

Audi Radio Stereo Removal Tool Keys

Solderer, solder and heat shrink tubing are optional. Use whatever you want to make sure all the wires are secured

Connection - Wiring

Speaker wiring
Wire as shown... Same color on the AVIC Power Cord to PAC C2R-AUDI. White to white, gray to gray etc… Even if you have Bose.

Connect the RCA cables to the head unit… All RCA plugs are labeled… Remember, Red is right, White is left...

Removing the RNS-E
Use the removal keys to remove the RNS-E… Make sure the key is all the way in. Like this.

One is behind the screen

When all 4 keys are in, simply pull it out from the bottom.

Remove the AMI unit at the glove box by using 2 of the removal keys. Keys holes are located at the bottom of the AMI. After the AMI unit is removed, then remove the AMI module from the AMI housing.
You can feed the USB AUX and HDMI cables from the AVIC through the AMI housing and gives a factory look like this.

I placed the mic here, in the overhead light/home-link unit.

There is a hole there that can fit the AVIC mic in….Right next to the factory mic…

Feed the mic wire through the visor light as a midway point and then feed the wire down to the A-Pillar and then into the left fuse box trim (FYI there is no fuse box in there…)
*For your convenience, remove A-Pillar trim and right fuse box trim.

Put everything back together after the mic wire is fed through

Don’t have to remove any screws and the bracket

Put the black CONNECTS2 trim on first, then the CONNECTS2 bracket. Don’t forget to transfer the passenger air bag warning light (circled in red) to the CONNECTS2 trim from the RNS-E.

Connect everything and wala!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Very Nice! are you willing to sell your OEM navigation?
Old 11-05-2014, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

This post was immensely helpful. Thanks for this. Looking at Car Play HU's to potentially swap in to my '13 TTRS so this will be at the top of the list given that I can basically print this out, give it to the install shop and let them go to town.

Thanks again.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does your Sirius XM tuner still work? Do you know if you can still use the stock Audi Sirius tuner and 6-disc CD changer?

Thinking of doing this to a 2009 TTS that currently has RNS-E...
Old 01-27-2015, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the detailed installation. Folks keep telling me that speaker swaps are the way to go for sound improvement. But sounds like just the unit did you right as far as sound.

I'm not looking at this unit but a 699 buck Alpine. I wonder if it would improve sound as well, not to mention the interface.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by reedog117
Does your Sirius XM tuner still work? Do you know if you can still use the stock Audi Sirius tuner and 6-disc CD changer?

Thinking of doing this to a 2009 TTS that currently has RNS-E...
Unfortunately, the stock Sirius XM tuner and 6-disc CD changer are not gonna work with the aftermarket HU. If you want Sirius XM to works, you need to get the vehicle tuner like the SiriusXM SXV300v1 Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit, it is around $50.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm very interested in adding this unit to my 2009 TTS as well. My car only has the basic head unit not the RNS-E.

Any help figuring out what parts I would need to get this to work would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 02-16-2015, 08:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RaiderTT2001
I'm very interested in adding this unit to my 2009 TTS as well. My car only has the basic head unit not the RNS-E.

Any help figuring out what parts I would need to get this to work would be greatly appreciated!!!
The parts should be the same even though you have the basic radio head unit from Audi...
Old 10-02-2016, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Any way to use the stock microphones? I don't like the idea of taking apart the headliner to add additional mics. Does the backup warning system still work when in reverse?