TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Anyone else think Bose speakers are terrible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else think Bose speakers are terrible?

I was never a big fan of Bose speakers and now my opinion is cemented. They suck. I have a 2010 TTS and the Bose rear side panel speakers rattle. They rattle with audio content that has too much base or too much treble...even at only moderate volumes. I keep the settings right down the middle.

Does anyone know what size the rear side speakers are and how to get them out?
Old 02-02-2011, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

No rattles here but I did Vagcom the Bose to "Cloth Interior" for a remarkable difference.
Speaker sizing is in here somewhere...

Name:  bose.jpg
Views: 17336
Size:  83.4 KB

My Bose cranks especially the sat radio. BTW I never liked Bose but it will do.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TTS - AR
I was never a big fan of Bose speakers and now my opinion is cemented. They suck. I have a 2010 TTS and the Bose rear side panel speakers rattle. They rattle with audio content that has too much base or too much treble...even at only moderate volumes. I keep the settings right down the middle.

Does anyone know what size the rear side speakers are and how to get them out?
I have the Bose system in my '08 TT 3.2 Premium Plus and you are correct about rattles and other noises when the bass gets heavy. I ended up taking the back panel and applying sound deading material all over the subwoofer enclosure, the panel I removed, and the wall. That fixed most rattles. I still get buzz from the subwoofer port hole under very heavy bass. Phoenix "1901" and Hockey "Too Fake" are good examples of too much bass.

On a side note, I installed a new head unit (Kenwood DDX 512) and the Bose speakers sound much better. It's almost a night and day difference. The bass is cleaner and the sound quality is greatly improved. I was considering adding another larger subwoofer so I could really feel the bass drum kick but now that I have the new HU it just doesn't seem necessary.
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2011, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Zero issues with mine, except that Audio Pilot appears not to function at all. Volume control on the wheel means I really don't care, but it is a touted feature after all.

Once dialed in (balance, fade and EQ), I'm just fine with the quality. The system handles Tchaikovsky classical guitar duets well, and I have traditionally used those as a litmus test for systems because of the response required for accurate reproduction. No issues at any volume.

I use the card slots almost exclusively, and the convenience is terrific, so much so that I gave my iPod to my son since I never need it any more.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default how to add bass bose '08 TT

Some guy on here maybe last year or more gave me directions on putting a setting from Leather interior to Clothes w/ the Vag-Com tool. Anyone know how to do this bass shouldn't sound so awful when put all the way up Great speakers but terrible sounding bass. Hope anybody can help me?
Old 02-29-2012, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hate to tell you this, but the Stock stereo in both our 2009 and 2012 TT sounded better than the Bose system in the 08 TT we had. I was shocked myself.

Last edited by pm203; 02-29-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bose in my '11 TT sounds pretty good, though on occassion I have heard some rattle from the woofer. I to would be interested in the VAG change process to cloth -hopefully someone will chime in with it.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Poor quality speaker materials combined with miniscule speaker magnets, and badly compensated by electronic wizardry, result in poor sound. It Blose.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

No issues with my '09. None. Debussy to Django to Dick Dale to Drowning Pool... all good.

Focus on driving...
Old 03-03-2012, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default My 2009 TT stock stereo was the worst car stereo I ever had. How can Bose be worse?!

Originally Posted by pm203
Hate to tell you this, but the Stock stereo in both our 2009 and 2012 TT sounded better than the Bose system in the 08 TT we had. I was shocked myself.
Strange.

Quick Reply: Anyone else think Bose speakers are terrible?