TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

2014 TT

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 TT

What do you think?
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...exclusive.html
Old 02-08-2012, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tteoj
In a word? Blecchh.

Just another zine's concept drawing. Audi won't release 2014 concept teasers until 2013 show season, unless they have a reason for advance marketing. TT is a niche car in perpetuity; no reason for teasers...
Old 02-09-2012, 06:14 AM
jtv
Audiworld Junior Member

It's likely the Next TT will adopt the sharper headlight design, which is a nice evolution, IMO. I just hope the car doesn't get any bigger......saw a 911 parked next to a civic and it was practically the same size! 8-0
Old 02-09-2012, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

If they take the roundness out of the TT, might as well just call it something else. Maintaining the iconic styling cues of the original is part and parcel of a successful update. That's what made the MK II so great, IMO.

That drawing has too much box, too much hard edge for my tastes...
Old 02-09-2012, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

starting to look like something not from the TT family

Too complex, trying too hard to make a "statement" but good for those who need that.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

At least it is better than the last "teaser" that was floated (shudder at the remembrance of it). But the lines are too sharp. Starting to look too generic and loosing the TTness of the rounded rear haunches
Old 02-09-2012, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

From the same UK site. I doubt the accuracy as well as authenticity. I suspect enthusiast with skillz fantasizing. I hope so.

Sharp lines and TT don't belong in the same sentence. The fender lines scream "CAMARO", and not at all in a good way (as if there is a good way to say "camaro").
Old 02-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Plan_Man
If they take the roundness out of the TT, might as well just call it something else. Maintaining the iconic styling cues of the original is part and parcel of a successful update. That's what made the MK II so great, IMO.

That drawing has too much box, too much hard edge for my tastes...
Agree to much box - straying to much from the original concept that drew most of us to the TT. Maybe that is the direction they want to go??
Old 02-11-2012, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I need to make a decision for myself soon.

I'll be at the end of my warranty and my service contract on the TTS next year. I actually prefer to turn my cars at the 30-36 month point (I'm easily bored), but this car has been such an overpowering delight to drive, own and look at, that nothing else out there appeals to me enough to trade.

Extended warranties are a crap shoot, IMO, and luxury cars, regardless of brand, tend to nickel and dime (more dime really) in the post bumper-to-bumper years because of all the electronic gadgetry they carry. Those expenses interest me very little.

So do I update to a known (2013 TTS Prestige in Solar Orange with orange/black inside) because it's so nearly perfect and I do love it, or do I hold it for the extra year and see if the MK III really works for me, assuming a TTS variant is available right out of the gate???
Old 02-11-2012, 08:40 PM
jtv
Audiworld Junior Member

I agree...I can't see anything else in the TT's class that could/would lure me away. I like the Cayman more, but I need the rear seats to car pool my family of 3 from time to time. Bang for buck, I think the 370Z would be a better investment...the exterior has really grown on me but I can't get over the funky Pontiac-ish interior, and it's too bad Nissan no longer offer a 4-seat version...which is weird cause they did on previous models for such a long time.

Quick Reply: 2014 TT