TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

09 TTS brake and oil filter questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 TTS brake and oil filter questions

I just picked up my new ride an 09 TTS. I am starting to look into what I will need to know and purchase for the car in particular with the maintenance side. I would like to change the front brake pads soon mostly related to the terrible brake dust. With all the my other cars I have been happy with aftermarket pads such as Akebono. As I start to search I really never get a very consistent listing of the pads that are the right size. Are the TTS and the 3.2 the same? Do even the standard pads fit but have less pad surface area? Just pretty confused what will work. Then there is the oil filter. I look up filters and some list cartridges and others list a spin on. I see I have the cartridge type housing though. Any help in these areas would be greatly appreciated. I have done SOOO much searching. Thanks,
Old 07-22-2014, 01:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tw557
I just picked up my new ride an 09 TTS. I am starting to look into what I will need to know and purchase for the car in particular with the maintenance side. I would like to change the front brake pads soon mostly related to the terrible brake dust. With all the my other cars I have been happy with aftermarket pads such as Akebono. As I start to search I really never get a very consistent listing of the pads that are the right size. Are the TTS and the 3.2 the same? Do even the standard pads fit but have less pad surface area? Just pretty confused what will work. Then there is the oil filter. I look up filters and some list cartridges and others list a spin on. I see I have the cartridge type housing though. Any help in these areas would be greatly appreciated. I have done SOOO much searching. Thanks,
I purchased Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads for front and rear and have way, way less dust.
Easy install in the front, however I also changed the discs (Zimmerman). Brake in was easy. You have to do some electric work and attach the existing plug to the new pads. (easy)
Old 07-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tw557
I purchased Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads for front and rear and have way, way less dust.
Easy install in the front, however I also changed the discs (Zimmerman). Brake in was easy. You have to do some electric work and attach the existing plug to the new pads. (easy)
2009 TTS