TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Wiring or window regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 04:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring or window regulator?

This is my first post here... I hope this goes here. Today I tried to let the driver side window go up. It stopped almost at the top and went all the way down. I clicked it up once again it went almost all the way up the went down half way.SO I held it to roll all the way up. Has anyone experienced this issue? Please let me know your thoughts.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Yes. Probably a mechanical bind and the "hand stuck in the window area" overcurrent detcectio circuit is causing this. Maybe try lubing the rubber tracks with something (rubber lube/dressing/even Armor-All. Or, with key off but door still closed can you hold and it will go all the way? If so, go through several full down and up cycles this way. It sometimes helps the "anti-pinch" feature noted above get recalibrated properly. Otherwise, the brushes in the motor are probably worn out giving a false pinch signal. You would have to replace the motor which really means the motor & regulator assembly.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank You I will try the up and down method. to see if it works for sure. Thanks you for taking the time to help me with this.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have a question as well, my driver side doesnt go up or down. Its currently up but thats it, when I press the button I hear a click on the door and as well when I leave the door open it clicks continuously untill I close the door. I took the panel off and tired spraying the wiring but it didn't work. Maybe I didnt do it right. Anyways any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mjmonreal
I have a question as well, my driver side doesnt go up or down. Its currently up but thats it, when I press the button I hear a click on the door and as well when I leave the door open it clicks continuously untill I close the door. I took the panel off and tired spraying the wiring but it didn't work. Maybe I didnt do it right. Anyways any suggestions? Thanks.
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem. The window is up and doesn't come down. I leave door open and constant clicking noise. Pressing down switch results in a click. No movement of window or motor noise.
I welcome any suggestions