TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Window tint. A word to the wise.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahhh! I thought you meant tint improved reception. ;)

I also listen to AM often in the car... and I do not think I am too old being late 30's.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dont start me with bikes either, thats a bunch of crap and here is why

almost everyone of my friends has at one time or another been pulled over for noise ordinance laws of some kind getting fined $50-$300 from what i remember... BUT!!! you have all these harleys with these super loud exhausts. i love to wake up to the guys leaving the bar at 2:00 AM and to hear a bike ripping through the gears untill i cannot hear them TWO MILES LATER! i have respect for bikes, but when people complain that they feel as if they dont feel respected on the road, have the same responsable actions as cars/trucks, as as for helmet laws , i love it how you guys riding bikes are complaining on how our tint is dangerous to you? well wear a helmet and stop complaining about everyone else. Bike fatalites went almost triple this year in PA bc they pulled the law on helmets with 1 year + experience here in PA.. Well save your self and save your breath because there are better things to argue about than tint on cars. let people do what they want about tint, if they get pulled over thats thier problem. dont always have to see yourself type to be right.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:27 PM

you watching OLN tomorrow?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Huh? I do not ride motorcycles, just BICYCLES, and I always ride with a helmet, on and off road.

If people do not wear a helmet with or without a helmet law, then they are not very hip on head trauma. I think it's fine that people choose not to wear a helmet, but they should forfeit all insurance claims with any injury or damage IMO. Same for smokers and drinkers - if your condition or injury can be directly related to your addiction, again, you forfeit all insurance claims. That's my idea of insurance reform, YMMV.

I also do not like the bikes with loud exhaust. I live on a small lake and they scare the s**t out of me at 2-3:00 AM as they rip out of the local bar. 100% disrespect.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:35 PM

Not wearing a helmet only hurts me, you can't say the same about the tint when it endangers others
Old 07-01-2005, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Going to try! Also going to TiVo just in case. :)

We need to get together for some mtn bike riding since I know that you ride.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:39 PM

Yep! Haven't been on the bike in ages - it's a shame as it's a sweet ride. Let's plan it!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Cool! Let's try to set up a posse and plan a ride.

There's a few decent trails up this way. Whattcha got down your way?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ok so you are telling me....

that if your riding your bike, and a rock flings up and hits you in the skull, you lose control and slide in front of my car, i turn as fast as possible but hit an on coming car or tree. What was the fault on my life, your life and the tree's life? not wearing a helmet. as for tint, its none of your business whats going on in my car, neebies are not needed. Officers of the law do deserve to know whats going on in the car, so EVERYTIME ive ever been pulled over, i immediatley put windows down and my hands on the steering wheel out of respect for them to make their job a little less stressful.... so when you say to me WELL HEY, ITS VERY RARE THAT WOULD HAPPEN ON A BIKE, GET ME A PERCENTAGE THAT TINT CAUSES ACCIDENTS TOO? look up public records for accident reports add up the tint factor and im sure you could count with one hand.. sorry but this is a losing battle for everyone its an opinionated arguement that the law only supports majority, not 100%
Old 07-01-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Round Valley is excellent. Other than that - I'm a northern NJ rider - Ringwood, Waywayanda, etc.

Last time I rode was Killington last summer. Need to hit Mountain Creek this year and see what the've done.

Quick Reply: Window tint. A word to the wise.