TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Need Help with my 2002 tt 225

Old 02-14-2012, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with my 2002 tt 225

Hey guys i have some questions about my audi tt 225. the car is stock besides powerstop pads/rotors and 18s verde rims

Need some help with the following:

-Glove box is stuck close and will not open; i took the side panel by pass. door apart and i can not figure out how to get it open(do not know the cause) but it was not abused

-APR vs. GIAC chip???? Read that apr messes with ecu and causes problems, i did a lot of research, but no where does it say who installed the chip so i do not know if it was from a bad install or what....

-What exhaust to get(borla vs 42 draft designs or ....), or even just getting a mangnaflow muffler with stock tips(some plp claim that the stock exhaust is just as good as aftermarket, which i doubt.

-If downpipe is worth getting, if so, what brand is good, also if it is true that check engine light is always on with a aftermarket downpipe.

If you have any info. you can offer i look forward to hearing what you have to say. even if you can maybe input on some other helpful mods or brands that i did not list, any info. will be appreciated
Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2012, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some answers

Lots of tuners out there. My favorites are Unitronic and O.CT. I hear good things about REVO. The conclusion you will always hear is to go with a good dealer nearby that will help you if and when issues arise.

For exhaust/downpipe
The 42DD full 3" system is very good. Make sure the get the 400 cell cats.

Best mods you can do IMHO:
-Intake - lots out there, the 42DD one is nice, so is the VTDA
-Forge's DV relocation - this one is very cool and simple
-16mm rear sway bar
-The AWE boost gauge is almost a must.
-If you want aftermarket springs and dampers, the Koni FSD + Eiback is excellent. But be sure to get 4 adjustable control arms to get the rear aligned properly. CPT makes the best ones.
-More suspension work: Go for DEFCON 2 by MCPI.
-Want a brake upgrade. StopTech are a good choice.
-Still want more power. Get an FMIC.
-Dieselgeek makes a very good short shift kit
-A Fluidamper pulley can give you a bit of smoothness and power if you have cash you need to spend.
-Consider getting the adapters to put in MKV coil packs and get one range colder Iridium plugs. I am a fan of NGK.

Make sure the car is in good health first. How many miles are on it?