TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Roadster How to: removing hydraulic pump for convertible top>>

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the system fully contained just for the roof, or is it connected to other hydraulics in the car? None of my roof stuff works and I don't even have the correct CLCM to run it so I want to just take it all out.
Old 06-20-2023, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There are no other hydraulics in the car. The bits for the roof are the pump/motor which has the relays attached, 4 hoses that go between the pump and the rams, and the 2 rams. It’s a LOT of work to access the rams and hoses for no real gain. If your purpose is just to make the roof manual, I would just disconnect the tops of the rams and zip tie them out of the way.
Old 06-20-2023, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ric0shea
There are no other hydraulics in the car. The bits for the roof are the pump/motor which has the relays attached, 4 hoses that go between the pump and the rams, and the 2 rams. It’s a LOT of work to access the rams and hoses for no real gain. If your purpose is just to make the roof manual, I would just disconnect the tops of the rams and zip tie them out of the way.
Thanks for that. My mind just goes to "if it's not needed remove it." I can understand how much of a PITA getting it all out would be. Maybe it isn't worth the couple pounds.
Old 06-20-2023, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

To access the hoses and rams (which I replaced), I needed to remove the seats and ALL the interior trim from door to door and the central tunnel
The following users liked this post:
GrumpyGramps (06-20-2023)
Old 06-20-2023, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Actually I'm pretty adept at removing the seats and trim lol. Lots of CLCM and HID module issues. The only thing in that department I haven't done is remove the center console. I'm getting new door cards here this weekend and will just remove everything else while I'm at it to take a look.
Old 06-20-2023, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

The center console is easy. I had the biggest problem with the central trim where the subwoofer is. Some of the plastic is getting brittle and could break pretty easily
Old 06-20-2023, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

For sure. Knowing where the tabs are is crucial. My biggest issue is getting the back panels to line back up when reinstalling. Took me longer than I would like to admit the last time.
Old 02-25-2024, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you also have a filter in the reservoir? My 02 TT has a 1.5" tube type filter in the reservoir and I cant seem to find anything as to where it goes before I replace the cup and fill it back up. Thanks,
Old 02-25-2024, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kulerfull
Did you also have a filter in the reservoir? My 02 TT has a 1.5" tube type filter in the reservoir and I cant seem to find anything as to where it goes before I replace the cup and fill it back up. Thanks,
Nothing like that in my reservoir.
Old 02-25-2024, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ric0shea
Nothing like that in my reservoir.
hmm. Ok thanks for the reply. Have a nice evening.

Quick Reply: Roadster How to: removing hydraulic pump for convertible top>>