Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi TT / TT-S / TT-RS > TT (Mk1) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 4599

Default Parrot Bluetooth and Kenwood Headunit AND aftermarket amp - will this work?

I bought the CK3000 Evolution kit to intall but in looking at the myriad of harnesses etc. I'm wondering if this will work with the Kenwood headunit. IN addition - i'm going to be hooking up a JL Audio 300/4 amp which appears to further complicate things.

I've seen the hookups to the factory headunit - which has Tele inputs. Am I out of luck with the aftermarket unit?

HELP!

Thanks!
joe@vwvortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
Account #: 52707

Default Well, the amp and the headunit will work fine, does the headunit support bluetooth?

SpoiledHeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:00 AM   #3
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 6744

Default Based on the Parrot setup...and the fact the Excelon Kenwood >>>

unit you have (which i believe is the same as mine) should work. The ATT function on the Kenwood is probably what you need to tap into...

You could just replace your current head unit with a newer Excelon...the all come with Bluetooth now Joe....
TT-East Questions and Answers here TT-East
TT-East 2005 Attendee
CT GTG Coordinator
CT MOD Day Headquarters "self proclaimed"
---------------------------------------
TT-East 2008 courtesy of McPaudiTT

Linky to pics of Mods,Cars and Shows

Link to the TT-FAQ's...if it ain't here, then ask!!!

"thou shalt not flash a Porsche to get out of the way, or be damned to breathe his exhaust for eternity" - Someone wise

TRACK THOUGHT- Don't brake until you see God.... then when you do see God, count to three, then brake!

AIM name - EINTT

Current Automotive inventory...
2006 Mercedes Benz R350
2001 Audi TT 225
1977 Porsche 911s
1961 Porsche 356b
TTinCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:58 AM   #4
AudiWorld Super User

Default The headunit supports a tel mute function but the Parrot is the bluetooth unit

the rest i'm not sure of. It's a matter of getting the signal through the headunit to the speakers - which is complicated by the fact that i'll be using the line outs of the head unit.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
Account #: 52707

Default Which parrot model and headunit model?

SpoiledHeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:46 AM   #6
AudiWorld Super User

Default Parrot CK3000 Evo and Kenwood Excelon 889 - I spoke with Parrot

and they said it is possible since the headunit has a tel mute. They sent better install instructions and he indicated that with an aftermarket amp - I simply splice in at the speaker leads coming off the amp. After looking at it I think this is going to work.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:51 AM   #7
AudiWorld Super User

Default Actually none of the Kenwoods have Bluetooth integrated - you need the bluetooth module

and I would then have to buy that and a different usb based Ipod connector to use what I have. In the end - the best unit I could find on the market is the Pioneer Premier BT790 - it has bluetooth integrated into the unit AND comes with Ibus Ipod integrated as well - no adaptors or anything needed. Since I have Ipod and XM - all i'd need to add would be a Terk adaptor to my XM OR buy the Pionner XM unit and I'd be set. Just about $400 for the two. Returning the Parrot would net me $90 so i'd be out of pocket $310. Not that bad since the Ipod and bluetooth integration is leagues ahead of what I have now - in terms of both less crap and much much improved interface - but in the end - it's $310 that I don't want to spend on more audio gear.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
aftermarker, aftermarket, amp, amplifier, amps, bluetooth, ck3000, head, headunit, install, integrated, kenwood, parrot, parrott, porsche, unit