TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Cleve/Akron TT's Here? -- Been two weeks since picking..

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2000, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleve/Akron TT's Here? -- Been two weeks since picking..

up my Raven Black TTQ (and 1,100 miles) and I still have not seen another one! No wonder people look at it as if the Space Shuttle decided to take I-77. Gotta admit, thought, I am not yet tired of the stares.
Old 03-25-2000, 09:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I've had my silver TT for 1 week

Bought it a t sunnyside in Cleveland. I used to live in Cleveland when I went to CWRU, now Im in Toledo attending Medical College of Ohio. I travel I77 when visiting family. I love the TT.
Old 03-25-2000, 09:49 AM

Default Re: I've had my silver TT for 1 week

DT,

I tried to get one at Sunnyside and they told me 4-6 months! Had you been on the list there for some time? I ended up goint to Cascade Audi and they did an excellent job taking care of us.
Old 03-25-2000, 10:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default got lucky, someone turned down their TT

to wait for the 2001 model. It was exactly what I was looking for. I actually called a list of 20 dealers in the area and they were the only one w/ a silver one in stock. By the way, where do you live and whats your age/occupation.
Old 03-25-2000, 03:23 PM

Default Re: got lucky, someone turned down their TT

DT, you did get lucky, that's great. What rep did you work with?

I'm 51 and I am Director of Marketing Recruitment for Searchmark Medical. I recruit marketing execs for the medical device industry. Small world, eh?

Alan
Old 03-25-2000, 06:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought my car from w/ gary Buffington, did the whole deal over the phone. I just graduated from CWRU w/ a degree in biomedical engineering. I think I may have a friend that works over there w/ you.
Old 03-26-2000, 04:21 AM

Congrats on entering med school, first of all. I read under "What's your occuption" you started at Toledo. Interestingly enough, I am thinking of flying into Toledo Express this afternoon. I am building time to start working on my instrument license.

You might be thinking of another company because there is just me and my secretary in the Cleveland office. There was a Mike Armitage for a couple of years but he left to become a pharm rep.

You as thrilled as we are with the TT?

Alan
Old 03-26-2000, 07:17 PM

Default Hey 1g5 and digital ....

How did you like dealing with Cascade and Sunnyside. I'm currently dealing with Fred Baker they seem pretty laid back. I didn't consider the other guys because they don't do the volume of Baker. Did they give you any goodies? BTW I'm in healthcare also, CFO at a hospital, and did a stint as a Director at CWRU. Small world. Thanks for any info!
Old 03-27-2000, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Hey 1g5 and digital ....Hey, Joe...

nice to sort of meet you. It IS a small world. Three TT's to three guys in healthcare.

I dealt with Sunnyside with my previous two cars (both Honda's) and thought there were fairly good. When I was shopping for a TT I had mixed experiences. One day I showed up in a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers and they treated me like someone who couldn't afford an Audi, and that pissed me off. Next couple of times was better, but they couldn't get me a car.

Cascade is family owned and run and I have been pretty impressed but I have only been there once so far. I was amazed what my salesman, Pat Primm (son of the owner) said when I asked him about possibly getting a chip. He said if I really wanted to do that he would fix me up with someone he knew at Fred Baker, because they have so much more experience with it, PLUS, Baker doesn't void your warranty if you use a chip, and apparently Cascade will.

If you are an Eastsider I would imagine Baker is more convenient but if not, I would not be afraid to try Sunnyside or Cascade.

Have you bought one yet? If so, what color?

Take Care,

Alan
Old 03-27-2000, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Hey 1g5 and digital (more)....

Hey Alan,
I'm shopping again. I had a deposit on a 180TTQ at Baker last May for October delivery. When I decided to buy versus lease I switched to an ML 320 SUV (MBenz). For the same amount of money I got the Benz. Unfortunately I made a practical decision vs. an emotional one. I can still recall the grin from ear to ear driving the TT. One time I drove the TT, then ran down the street and drove a MB SLK230 with the top down it still was not as much fun. No soul. Now I want out! Baker is giving me a fair trade in on my SUV. So know I'm considering the 225QR or a Boxster. Im really going to stretch it but its time for me know.

I bought my wifes Honda a Sunnyside and remember hating the sales geek (coincidentally my neighbor walked out on him that morning), but they had an outstanding service department.

I'll give Cascade a call I suspect I'll get decent treatment from Primm. Ganley's the only family owned dealer you cant trust that I know of.

Thanks and enjoy your car.

joe

Quick Reply: Cleve/Akron TT's Here? -- Been two weeks since picking..