TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Boost Machine Install with Stock Airbox/Intake Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Machine Install with Stock Airbox/Intake Question

Sent Steve an email and I don't doubt he will reply but I am just a bit anxious to get the BM installed so I thought I'd check with the other members for any advice.

I have a ATC 180 FWD car with the stock airbox/intake. The install instruction shows mounting the bracket at the location where the OEM airbox mounts to the strut frame. I don't have a modshack/aftermarket intake yet. The bracket here won't fit under the strut bar or against the airbox in my car. I've checked wak's UK site and he has his BM mounted with the OEM intake with a different style bracket to the firewall strut bar bolt. This location looks like it won't work for my car either (will block the master cylinder access and may prevent the engine cover from going back on).

Does anyone have a suggestion on where I can mount the bracket?
Old 03-23-2009, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Send me another email please...>>

Your earlier one is in my other computer that had a Power supply failure and won't be back up til Wednesday. On the back-up system now...
Old 03-23-2009, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by TTschwing
Your earlier one is in my other computer that had a Power supply failure and won't be back up til Wednesday. On the back-up system now...
Thanks Steve. Resent to your email.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

I've got one running with the stock intake. I don't use the bracket at all. I clamped the Boost machine to the strut bar with a SS hose clamp. Crude but effective. I do have to move it for access to the brake fluid reservoir. Sorry I don't have a pic. But if you need one I can get one tommorrow. Do you have a boost gauge? Be careful with settings. You can get into limp mode if you are too aggressive, and you'll need a reset to get back. If you have VAG Com, then hunting the upper limits is easier.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
I've got one running with the stock intake. I don't use the bracket at all. I clamped the Boost machine to the strut bar with a SS hose clamp. Crude but effective. I do have to move it for access to the brake fluid reservoir. Sorry I don't have a pic. But if you need one I can get one tommorrow. Do you have a boost gauge? Be careful with settings. You can get into limp mode if you are too aggressive, and you'll need a reset to get back. If you have VAG Com, then hunting the upper limits is easier.
Thanks for the input. Steve had an alternative bracket hanging around I'm going to try out. If that doesn't work out I will try the SS clamp method you described. I was concerned about access to the brake fluid reservoir.

I'm all set with the boost gauge and I have VagCom and fault code erase through the APR tune so I'm hoping I can get it dialed in.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

"I'm all set with the boost gauge and I have VagCom and fault code erase through the APR tune so I'm hoping I can get it dialed in."

You ARE set. I have the fault code erase too. (ECU reset program) That is a very undersold feature that APR has. It is sooooo convienient to be able to reset a known fault or even get you out of limp mode. (especially self induced.) I have only recently purchased VAG Com. Just used a code scanner prior to that. BTW if you are ever hunting info and can't find it here, there are lots of good minds in the other place now. Shame that happened but it did.