TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

AC compressor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 05:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: So if you've never did anything major on your TT, where did you get all these in depth and highl

Actually, I read a lot of various discussion forums on the net, like this one about AC: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1665946&page=1
I also have a vested interest in AC because I am living in Dallas and home and auto AC is really important here and shops charge and arm and a leg for about anything involving AC.

I also read up on the timing belt replacement instructions (links that I found on audiworld.com forums), which show how to remove the accessory belt and how to lock the tensioner (and what all those parts driven by the accessory belt are).

The power steering pump and the intercooler pipes were kind of obvious, if you know how power steering and turbos work.
I am still not sure what the round black plastic part right of the power steering pump is (I think I read once on audiworld.com forums that it is a secondary air pump but am not sure).
Old 08-20-2007, 08:00 AM

Default Great post, just what I needed.

I also live in the DFW area, Cedar Hill to be exact. A/C compressor went out earlier in the summer but not sure on how tackle this job, I will now try to fix my A/C. Found a parts place in Irving,tx that will sell me a new compressor/clutch and drier for $285.00.

Thanks Glore for you post!!!! Will come in handy when I try to replace my compressor this weekend.

2000 Denim Blue.
The following users liked this post:
TTMK1Love (06-27-2019)
Old 08-20-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: excellent post! what kind of noise was the clutch making?

A rattling, grinding noise. First I thought it was the tensioner, like many on audiworld were reporting. But then I saw the clutch wobbling and when it stopped working, it was erratically turning.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ahh ok...mine is currently making a screeching noise, i plan on doing the tensioner and praying.
The following users liked this post:
TTMK1Love (06-27-2019)
Old 06-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by azTTech
I also live in the DFW area, Cedar Hill to be exact. A/C compressor went out earlier in the summer but not sure on how tackle this job, I will now try to fix my A/C. Found a parts place in Irving,tx that will sell me a new compressor/clutch and drier for $285.00.

Thanks Glore for you post!!!! Will come in handy when I try to replace my compressor this weekend.

2000 Denim Blue.
I know this post is WAY OLD but I live in Dallas too and my AC Compressor needs to be replaced in my '06 A4. After 4 quotes from shops and dealing with AOA a co-worker said he could do the job, I'll help him and he said I just need to get the parts. The cheapest I found so far was like $500. Could you tell me where you bought from if you can remember? maybe their still in business. Any help is aprreciated, I hate my Audi, nothing but A LOT OF BREAKS. THANKS
Old 06-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I know this post is WAY OLD but I live in Dallas too and my AC Compressor needs to be replaced in my '06 A4. After 4 quotes from shops and dealing with AOA a co-worker said he could do the job, I'll help him and he said I just need to get the parts. The cheapest I found so far was like $500. Could you tell me where you bought from if you can remember? maybe their still in business. Any help is aprreciated, I hate my Audi, nothing but A LOT OF BREAKS. THANKS
Old 06-07-2012, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you have the 2.0T or the 3.2 www.Rockauto.com has them for less than 500.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the tip, they have good prices. Parts geek is very competitive also.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ac compressor

Have not been on this forum for about a month, but for future references.
The company that sell a/c compressors in Irving, Tx is
Blend Air. click on link for more info.

http://www.blendair.net/
Old 06-25-2012, 01:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 2.0T compressor part number please !

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie here, so forgive me if I use the wrong channel to post my request. I have a 2008 A6 2.0T. My A/C compressor is damaged and I need to know the correct part number for the compressor since I am not sure that the old one installed is the correct one.
I tried the denso site but they as well seem not to have the 2.0T engine in thier list.
Any ideas?

Quick Reply: AC compressor replacement