Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open Letter from Johan de Nysschen to ACNA Members

May 14, 2007

Open Letter to Members: Audi Club North America

Dear Audi Enthusiast:

I am writing this letter to reaffirm my personal support, and that of Audi of America, Inc., to the Audi Club of North America.

The Audi Club of North America is an independent, private organization, and while we take keen interest in the activities of the Club, Audi of America has no desire to interfere or become involved in the management and day to day administration of the Club. However, we have a vested interest in ensuring the continued growth and vibrant success of the Club.

While not wishing to become embroiled in the tension which presently exists between certain members of the Board, it is an inescapable fact that the situation is not healthy, and is not in the long-term best interests of the Club.

Our support is to the Club - not to individual members or to specific members of the Board of Directors. I would, however, encourage the Executive Management of the Club to adopt an inclusive as opposed to an exclusionary approach, and to utilize the available expertise, experience and enthusiasm of members, and to apply this in the interest of the Club which we all value highly.

We encourage all parties to work towards finding a speedy resolution, placing the interests of the Club above all else. I would also encourage Club members to take a more active role in the affairs of the Club and to participate in elections - the democratic process does not work well in the face of voter apathy.

We look forward to the continued success of the Club, and assure you of our continued support.

Sincerely yours,

Johan de Nysschen
Old 05-30-2007, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Comments from the Midwest forum...

Since the 2 board members involved in this are from the Midwest, I thought you would want to go view comments from others in that area.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/midwest/msgs/10497.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/midwest/msgs/10497.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 05-30-2007, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Time for a recall?

After reading Mr. de Nysschen's letter which came in the mail today, I reviewed the club bylaws.

It appears 5% of the membership can petition for a meeting. My thought is we see how many 5% is, then call a meeting to impeach Anderson, Esmail, Sampson, Veglia and Tommasi.

Nothing in the by-laws about how to do a recall, but this seems to be the rules.

Anybody game?

4.3. Special Meetings. Special meetings of the members of this organization may be called at any time by the Chairman, Board of Directors, or upon written request from at least 5% of the membership of the Club. Anyone entitled to call a special meeting of the members may make written request to the Chairman to call the meeting, setting forth time and purpose thereof, to be held no later than 90 days after receiving the request. If a special meeting is demanded by the members, the meeting shall be held in the county where the current Club office is located. If the Secretary fails to give notice of the special meeting within 30 days from the date on which the request is received by the Chairman, the member(s) who requested the meeting may fix the time and place of the meeting and give notice thereof at least 30 days in advance of the special meeting date. The business transacted at the special meeting is limited to the purposes stated in the notice of the meeting.

4.4. Proxy Voting. The notice of any type of meeting at which members may vote by proxy shall so inform the members and shall describe the procedure for appointing proxies.

4.5. Voting Quorum. At all types of meetings of the members, each active member shall be entitled to cast one vote on any question coming before the meeting. Members may vote by proxy. Cumulative voting shall not be permitted. The presence of 5% of ACNA's membership in person or by proxy shall constitute a quorum of any meeting thereof. The members present and entitled to vote at any meeting, although less than a quorum may adjourn the meeting from time to time. A majority vote of the members present and entitled to vote at any meeting at which a quorum is present shall be sufficient to transact any business. When any meeting of the members is adjourned to another time and place, notice of the adjourned meeting need not be given other than by announcement at the meeting at which the adjournment takes place.