Moving to so cal, need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to so cal, need help

I posted this on audizine also, but I want to get as many opinions so here it goes.
Hey guys, my family is thinking, well pretty much decided to move to SoCal, and we are looking to build.
Since Im not very familiar with the area, I was hoping you guys could help me. we are trying to find a gated community, but a real nice gated community, sorry if it sounds like im boasting, but its just what my family is looking for. A really nice gated community, homes from 2 mill and up kind of neighborhood. Anything from down in Newport beach up to malibu and san fernando area since I am a big Laker fan. I know ur thinking that i should just get an agent, which i will, but id rather get opinion from people before i deal wit these people so that I know what I am dealing with.

thank you guys for helping.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:10 PM
RLG
AudiWorld Super User

2M doesn't even buy 1M in SoCal. Good luck!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

There are so many areas I wouldnt know where to start. Try deciding on a city or general area first
Old 02-17-2009, 09:52 AM
zqk

Default i disagree. there a lots of good deals to be had now

just over the weekend i looked at a house that was 2.4M about a year ago (brand new custom home), last week it was down to 1.9M and as of this weekend, it lowered again to 1.4M. its insane out there and a good time to find struggling developers and homes in default.

to the OP, maybe it would help he he posted where he plans to work, unless if its from home then it really doesn't matter
Old 02-17-2009, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Expert

$2M in Malibu might get you a nice condo
Old 02-17-2009, 10:30 AM
RLG
AudiWorld Super User

Default I was the joking ;)

For sure there are some deals in SoCal as anywhere else.

Reality is, though, that 2M in Newport and Malibu isn't necessarily big money (i.e. not something "boast"-worthy, to use the OP's term), and "real nice" is relative.

2M might get you "nice" in Newport and Malibu (and pacific palisades, Santa Monica, etc.), but "<i>real</i> nice" in those areas will be well more than that.

I actually missed the "and up" part of the post, so guess it's all moot, anyhow.

Obviously it's all subjective. Sorry if sarcasm didn't come across well. Definitely deals abound. You're certainly right about that.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Looking to build only? Empty lot only or teardown too?

Not going to consider buying something that's already built?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:56 AM
zqk

i agree though, anything close to the ocean is still pricey
Old 02-17-2009, 11:04 AM
RLG
AudiWorld Super User

BTW, I've always loved that sig pic.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
Default $2m for gated community build-to-plan lot? There is nothing that fits your description here...

The gated community type development are all in Orange County and they are not built-to-plan. They are basically all spec homes that you can customize. Beverly Hills have a few gated community but they are all built up. Malibu and most other coastal LA county cities do not have gated communities. If you want to build AND need to stay in a desirable neighborhood, you need to buy a tear-down and go from there. If you want to build on empty land, you basically have to go really far away from anywhere desirable.

Quick Reply: Moving to so cal, need help