S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Hartmann Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hartmann Wheels

I put snow tires on my stock 19" rims this winter. So I'm thinking of ordering a set of Hartmann wheels to put the Pirellis that came with the car on.

Any reason I shouldn't order a set from Achtuning? Any discounts or coupon codes available?

looking at HTT-256-GA:M 19" ET38

Old 04-22-2014, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a set of Hartmann wheels for my RS7 for winter and they are excellent. I got them through Achtuning and they were very knowledgeable and great to work with.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Achtuning technically is Hartmann, if you're looking to those wheels that would be the place to do it.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I like that style. Just wish they came in 20".
Old 04-22-2014, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jascooper
I put snow tires on my stock 19" rims this winter. So I'm thinking of ordering a set of Hartmann wheels to put the Pirellis that came with the car on.

Any reason I shouldn't order a set from Achtuning? Any discounts or coupon codes available?

Probably not a reason not to...They seem to be reputable and deliver as promised...As a note, I ordered these from them for my winter setup and went over a nasty pothole during the winter...The rim was a total loss, it actually cracked and was bent, not salvageable...The tire still got me to and back from my destination without any issues.

I subsequently purchased a new rim to replace the damaged one and they gave me a significant discount. I guess this happens a lot and they don't try and take advantage of the situation and charge full price.

As noted, these are still the softer cast alloys and not forged alloy wheels, so be careful going over those road craters!
Old 04-22-2014, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not all 19" wheels will clear the massive S6 front calipers, so you will want to confirm that these do. If I am not mistaken, this style also comes in 20x9 ET40mm which will fit nicely. Although that also means you will need 20" tires.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Vijay
Not all 19" wheels will clear the massive S6 front calipers, so you will want to confirm that these do. If I am not mistaken, this style also comes in 20x9 ET40mm which will fit nicely. Although that also means you will need 20" tires.
It makes sense that the 20" would fit but it is not listed as compatible with the s6. I'm thinking it's probably just an over site. Also, the 20 only comes in the matte finish. It looks like he wants the glossy.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Placed the order. Thanks for the responses.

Not my first choice, but I really didn't want to buy new tires since the OEMs only have a few thousand miles on them. When they wear out I'll probably look into a nice set of 20" wheels and tires.

Those huge brakes really put a damper on wheel selection.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Placed the order. Thanks for the responses.

Not my first choice, but I really didn't want to buy new tires since the OEMs only have a few thousand miles on them. When they wear out I'll probably look into a nice set of 20" wheels and tires.

Those huge brakes really put a damper on wheel selection.
According to Hartmann's website, the 19" wheels require spoke balancing. This means that there isn't even space between the calipers and the wheels for wheel weights. Personally, I wouldn't do it. If even a small rock or piece of tar got stuck in there, it could become problematic.

Last edited by Vijay; 04-23-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vijay
According to Hartmann's website, the 19" wheels require spoke balancing. This means that there isn't even space between the calipers and the wheels for wheel weights. Personally, I wouldn't do it. If even a small rock or piece of tar got stuck in there, it could become problematic.
The wheels fit, they are on my car as we speak. I think they look great. They are tight. Not sure what problems you think will happen. I have had rocks get in there, and they scratch the inside of the wheel and caliper, but that happens on the stock 19's as well.

As for the spoke balancing I have not had any issues. And I had the car on the track with no problems either.

Quick Reply: Hartmann Wheels