Go Back   AudiWorld Forums » Audi Models » Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 » A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to AudiWorld!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join AudiWorld.com today!

Notices

A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

Discussion Forums:

Old 02-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
Aatish11
Audiworld Junior Member
2012 Audi A6

Default Cleaned my A6, in 1 wind chill

Welp, I was bored, did not want to do homework, and wanted to clean my car. So I cleaned up the inside with some Coral Blue and a paint brush. After that, I saw the exterior and just could not leave it alone. So I went to my auto store and bought Meguiar's Wash and Wax Anywhere. I first wipped down the body ,to loosen up most of the salt and dirt, with a micorfiber towel and some hot water. Next I used the Meguiar's to clean up in detail. Only used about an 8th of the bottle. After that, I grabbed the old buffer and Meguair's Ultamite Polish. Polished the entire body, lightly of course since it's going to get dirty soon anyway. I finished the job off by wiping down the car with a dry microfiber towel and a little little little bit of water. In my opinion, I think it looks great, especially since I did all of this in the cold, 1 wind chill, and also because I'm just an 18 year old kid. Anyways, here are some pictures of the final result. I will probably do a better job once it's a little warmer here , but until then I am happy with this. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1699.jpg (68.6 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1700.jpg (56.9 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1701.jpg (62.4 KB, 202 views)
Aatish11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #2
Mike_L
AudiWorld Member
2013 Audi A6

You got really lucky. Normally petroleum based waxes and polishes will streak a dark car if you use them in the sun or the cold. Theres a reason why you aren't suppose to use them in under 40 weather.
Big power for a fraction of the cost of the big names. Its what I do.

Previously:
2012 BMW X5M (630hp), 2012 GMC Yukon Denali (430hp), 2011 Cadillac CTS-V (650hp),
2008 Jeep SRT8 (550hp), 2007 Chrysler 300C SRT8 (490hp), 2002 Dinan BMW 540i (330hp),
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (360hp), 1996 Pontiac Trans Am (440hp), 1993 Chevy Camaro (180hp),
1998 Plymouth Neon (196hp), 1990 Ford Mustang LX (275hp)
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
Aatish11
Audiworld Junior Member
2012 Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
You got really lucky. Normally petroleum based waxes and polishes will streak a dark car if you use them in the sun or the cold. Theres a reason why you aren't suppose to use them in under 40 weather.
I noticed streaking when I was first started. So I moved the car into my garage, turned the heater up to 60 and waited for feeling to comeback in my hands. Then only thing I actually did outside was the wiping down with water and the rims.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #4
subterFUSE
AudiWorld Senior Member
2013 Audi S6
My Garage

I got bored today, so I went and played golf in 82 degree weather.

Audio System
Audison BitOne DSP
Audison Voce AV5.1k amplifer
Eric Stevens Audio Ultra horns (HLCD)
Beyma 8G40 midbass
Dynaudio Esotar 1200 subwoofers (trunk baffle)

Other Mods
Bel STiR Plus, Blinder HP-905, BlackVue dash cams (front and rear), Black Optics grill, Window trim wrapped in gloss black vinyl, Rear and side emblems/badges painted matte black, LLumar ceramic tint (15% rear, 30% sides, AirBlue front)

subterFUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #5
Aatish11
Audiworld Junior Member
2012 Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterFUSE View Post
I got bored today, so I went and played golf in 82 degree weather.
I really don't know how to comeback at this so I'm just going to make a weird face. 0.o
Old 02-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #6
newmoon
AudiWorld Member
2012 Audi A6

Yes I also washed my car this weekend... but I'm in Florida where it was over 82F so it was just the normal routine of hose and bucket while wearing a T-shirt, shorts and flip flops. Heck I've been running the house A/C so washing the car was a good way to cool off.

Honestly, I don't know how you guys manage with the cold. Your cars take a terrible beating as well with all the snow, ice, slush, salt, gravel and mud getting everywhere.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #7
q5q7
AudiWorld Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
+1...
Old 02-03-2014, 03:39 AM   #8
Aatish11
Audiworld Junior Member
2012 Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Yes I also washed my car this weekend... but I'm in Florida where it was over 82F so it was just the normal routine of hose and bucket while wearing a T-shirt, shorts and flip flops. Heck I've been running the house A/C so washing the car was a good way to cool off.

Honestly, I don't know how you guys manage with the cold. Your cars take a terrible beating as well with all the snow, ice, slush, salt, gravel and mud getting everywhere.
Your comment actually makes me miss summer . As for the cold, yes it is harsh. But, with bi-weekly runs through a car wash, and rubber floor mats, our cars get a little help dealing with the cold.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement