Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Best Exhaust for C7

Old 01-03-2014, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Exhaust for C7

Hey guys,
I have come to the conclusion that I will be keeping my A6 and doing some stuff to it.
This topic will be about the exhaust, I'll be doing some research and noticed there isn't much options out there.

So the question is, should I get whats available out there that being Stasis and AWE, or should I continue to wait for other companies to make an exhaust for us like Milltek?

For those who already have an aftermarket exhaust on there A6/A7, a review would be appreciated, looking to make the move over the weekend.

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

On another forum, John from RocEuro, who in the past was part of the design team behind the Milltek B8 S4 exhaust indicated a C7 Milltek exhaust is on its way. Frankly, Stasis is the only option I'm aware of for the A6 3.0t. Apparently the AWE A7 exhaust will fit, but appears to drone enough that AWE does not advertise it as being A6 compatible.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brooklyn
On another forum, John from RocEuro, who in the past was part of the design team behind the Milltek B8 S4 exhaust indicated a C7 Milltek exhaust is on its way. Frankly, Stasis is the only option I'm aware of for the A6 3.0t. Apparently the AWE A7 exhaust will fit, but appears to drone enough that AWE does not advertise it as being A6 compatible.
John says a lot of things. Wheres my RocEuro intake? He said that was coming too. And when you email about it, he doesn't even bother to answer.

My dealer says the Stasis exhaust is no good. They are a Stasis dealer and and the boxes say Made in China right on them and often don't fit right. They recommended staying far away from all of Stasis's products except the tune.

I'd go with the AWE. Its downpipe back, which is superior to just a catback.

Avoid the German stuff like the plague. Its all ridiculously overpriced and no better than anything else. We discuss this all the time on the BMW forums. The Europeans feel that they can overcharge just because they think they're special. Reality is, they aren't special. They're just ripoff artists. Their products are no better than anything made in any other country. No better than a Japanese part, an American part, or any other part. Hell, if a Chinese part fit and performed as well for half the price, why wouldn't I buy it? Why would you pay a premium for a name?
EDIT: To clarify, I'm not saying Millitek is a major offender. Talking more along the lines of SuperSprint and Akrapovic, who have the nerve to charge $4k+ for a cat-back.

Last edited by Mike_L; 01-04-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

why does the AWE exhaust drone on the A6 and not A7 if its basically the same engine?
Old 01-04-2014, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

No idea but that's the word I received when I asked why it wasn't being advertised on AWE's site for the A6.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

No idea but that's the word I received when I asked why it wasn't being advertised on AWE's site for the A6.
I followed up with AWE month or two ago and they said they were working on the drone "fix" based on some lessons learned from their Q5 work. They were hoping to have the testing done by the end of the year. May be worth following up with them again.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_L
John says a lot of things. Wheres my RocEuro intake? He said that was coming too. And when you email about it, he doesn't even bother to answer. My dealer says the Stasis exhaust is no good. They are a Stasis dealer and and the boxes say Made in China right on them and often don't fit right. They recommended staying far away from all of Stasis's products except the tune. I'd go with the AWE. Its downpipe back, which is superior to just a catback. Avoid the German stuff like the plague. Its all ridiculously overpriced and no better than anything else. We discuss this all the time on the BMW forums. The Europeans feel that they can overcharge just because they think they're special. Reality is, they aren't special. They're just ripoff artists. Their products are no better than anything made in any other country. No better than a Japanese part, an American part, or any other part. Hell, if a Chinese part fit and performed as well for half the price, why wouldn't I buy it? Why would you pay a premium for a name? EDIT: To clarify, I'm not saying Millitek is a major offender. Talking more along the lines of SuperSprint and Akrapovic, who have the nerve to charge $4k+ for a cat-back.
As long as I know AWE is a cat back exhaust but because the cats are located at the down pipe (not at the center of he car like in other cars) they start at the end of the downpipe, but for sure it is a cat back exhaust
Old 01-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Banned

Says right on their site downpipes and exhaust.
http://www.awe-tuning.com/awe-a7-3-0t-exhaust
Old 01-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_L
Says right on their site downpipes and exhaust.
http://www.awe-tuning.com/awe-a7-3-0t-exhaust
But the cats are AT/Before the downpipes, the exhaust starts after the cats so it is a cat Back system, I have it, I saw when it was installed.
So it is easier to understand, look at the picture there is no catalytic converters anywhere underneath the car
Attached Images  

Last edited by feralc; 01-04-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i had the stasis exhaust installed on my a6 3.0t. i wasn't happy with the droning so i had my stock put back in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for C7