Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Notices

A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Old 12-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
ajg617
Audiworld Senior Member
Account #: 102356

Default Avant rear windshield washer leak in motor

Anyone run across this problem? Noticed the other day that most of the washer fluid was going inside the rear trim rather than out the nozzle on the window (03 Avant). I took the trim pieces off the tailgate and there appears to be two small holes, one on either side of the what Bentley calls the connector tube on the motor itself - the plastic receiver in the motor where the hose plugs into. When I activate the washer, it shoots out these two small rectangular openings in the connector (dribbles out if I remove the outside nozzle completely). I'm thinking there might be a rubber relief valve inside the motor itself which likely prevents the fluid from draining all the way back (been cleaning black crap out of the nozzle every few months which blocks the washer). Any one know if that plastic inlet connector can be replaced without changing the whole motor (which works fine)?
Thanks,
AJG
ajg617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
SloopJohnB@mac.com
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 44417

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
Anyone run across this problem? Noticed the other day that most of the washer fluid was going inside the rear trim rather than out the nozzle on the window (03 Avant). I took the trim pieces off the tailgate and there appears to be two small holes, one on either side of the what Bentley calls the connector tube on the motor itself - the plastic receiver in the motor where the hose plugs into. When I activate the washer, it shoots out these two small rectangular openings in the connector (dribbles out if I remove the outside nozzle completely). I'm thinking there might be a rubber relief valve inside the motor itself which likely prevents the fluid from draining all the way back (been cleaning black crap out of the nozzle every few months which blocks the washer). Any one know if that plastic inlet connector can be replaced without changing the whole motor (which works fine)?
Thanks,
AJG
check the resources menu and/or google rear wiper or washer repairs. I've seen this several years ago on the board...
SloopJohnB@mac.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
rs4-380
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 28657

there is a repair kit part number 8LO 998 711

if you type that part number into google you will get all kinds of info on what goes wrong and how to fix it without me going into it.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
ajg617
Audiworld Senior Member
Account #: 102356

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4-380 View Post
there is a repair kit part number 8LO 998 711

if you type that part number into google you will get all kinds of info on what goes wrong and how to fix it without me going into it.
Picked up a used motor and installed it for $65. The repair kit prices were $80-$90 where I could find them. Did run into a weird issue. Audi changed the C5 rear washer line and connectors, one of which of course broke during disconnect. Bentley and Audi parts catalogs show the revised version which would have forced me to change the hose assembly as well. Luckily, the local VW dealer still had the part and thanks to a really smart Audi parts guy for remembering the change.
ajg617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:51 AM   #5
rs4-380
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 28657

yes, I am running without a rear washer because I find the price of the repair kit still too high.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement