Go Back   AudiWorld Forums » Technical Discussion » Brakes Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to AudiWorld!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join AudiWorld.com today!

Notices

Brakes Discussion Discussion forum regarding brake tuning, upgrades and questions

Discussion Forums:

Old 12-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Whit1234
AudiWorld Newcomer
Garage is empty, add now

Default Vibration when applying brakes

I had an certified Audi mechanic change all brakes and rotors on my Audi A8 2011 with 55,000 miles and now I have a vibration when I apply the brake around 50mph.I haven't noticed my steering wheel shake and I Don't have any noises. It seems like it starts with a slight vibration then the more I apply the brakes the harder the vibration becomes almost like you were having a flat tire. It seems like it's coming from the right front side. Any Ideas? Thanks for HELP.
Whit1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
tenspeed
AudiWorld Senior Member
Garage is empty, add now

Take it back. You paid for for a brake job without the vibrations.

They'll probably try some brake cleaner and if it persists, they'll probably turn the rotor in a lathe to clean it up.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:43 AM   #3
Just Me
AudiWorld Super User
Garage is empty, add now

Did this occur immediately or come on slowly over a period of time? I have never seen warped rotors, even after race track use. OTOH, i have seen pad deposits all the time, btu they come on slowly.

In any event, take it back.

What pads were used?

Grant
Old 01-02-2014, 06:55 AM   #4
Whit1234
AudiWorld Newcomer
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
Take it back. You paid for for a brake job without the vibrations. They'll probably try some brake cleaner and if it persists, they'll probably turn the rotor in a lathe to clean it up.
It's back at the repair shop today and we went for a drive and first thing they said that it may be a bushing? But they would pull it in and look at it. He did ask if the car has ever been in a drive thru car wash because he has seen warp rotors happen that way. Pulling into them and the brakes being hot and the water cooling them off could cause this?? But my car has never been in the drive thru wash. Thanks for your help, your answer sounds more professional than what I'm hearing this morning. Thanks
Old 01-02-2014, 07:00 AM   #5
Whit1234
AudiWorld Newcomer
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit1234 View Post
I had an certified Audi mechanic change all brakes and rotors on my Audi A8 2011 with 55,000 miles and now I have a vibration when I apply the brake around 50mph.I haven't noticed my steering wheel shake and I Don't have any noises. It seems like it starts with a slight vibration then the more I apply the brakes the harder the vibration becomes almost like you were having a flat tire. It seems like it's coming from the right front side. Any Ideas? Thanks for HELP.
Just said its 2 bushing. Also he said the New Audi brakes catch more and that is why I'm having this problem? Thanks
Old 01-02-2014, 07:04 AM   #6
Whit1234
AudiWorld Newcomer
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
Did this occur immediately or come on slowly over a period of time? I have never seen warped rotors, even after race track use. OTOH, i have seen pad deposits all the time, btu they come on slowly. In any event, take it back. What pads were used? Grant
This happen about a few days to a week after getting brakes done. The repair shop said that it's 2 bushings and wasn't the brakes. We used all Audi. He did say the new Audi brakes are more catching and that could be what I'm feeling. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:47 PM   #7
Just Me
AudiWorld Super User
Garage is empty, add now

Default warped going through car wash?

not likely, unless the brakes were stupidly hit and there was no line at the car wash (for them to cool).

I dont see how bushings alone would cause the vibration. they could make a brake vibration worse,...
Old 01-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #8
Just Me
AudiWorld Super User
Garage is empty, add now

catch more? That means....

And if they mean "has a higher coefficient of friction" that is not correct.

G
Old 01-02-2014, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement