Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Notices

S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - Present

Old 12-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
fastmd
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 273464

Default New S6 owner-Looking for best Power Options

Just bought a new S6-Ibis White/Lunar interior,Cold weather Pack,Driver Assist, 20" wheels, etc. Got a great deal at $10k off, so jumped on it, everyone else was in the 0-4% range. Cross shopped, M5(I have owned 3), 550ix, E550, Maserati SQ4. Can't by a A7, because my younger brother has one

I have owned a few other Audi's:TTS,S8,A6, but was looking for a new daily driver and chose this over a new M5(was getting a smoking deal on that car too).

Anyway, I am considering the APR Stage 1 and an exhaust. First, I will probably buy the magna flow and have them eliminate their resonator, there is no way I will spend over $2K on an exhaust when I am sure the difference will be negligible over the MF. I am used to the pcar tax, but the prices are crazy for what I have seen.

Second, has anyone had any issues so far with the APR Stage 1, this is my main concern?

Have included some pics of my S6 (pick it up tomorrow) and what it will be joining in my stable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image.jpg (46.2 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg Image 2.jpg (53.8 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg Image 6.jpg (94.9 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg Image 7.jpg (99.2 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0181.jpg (87.8 KB, 213 views)
2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 vert-GTS blue
Too many normal cars/toys and even more watches
fastmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
Vijay
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmd View Post
Just bought a new S6-Ibis White/Lunar interior,Cold weather Pack,Driver Assist, 20" wheels, etc. Got a great deal at $10k off, so jumped on it, everyone else was in the 0-4% range. Cross shopped, M5(I have owned 3), 550ix, E550, Maserati SQ4. Can't by a A7, because my younger brother has one

I have owned a few other Audi's:TTS,S8,A6, but was looking for a new daily driver and chose this over a new M5(was getting a smoking deal on that car too).

Anyway, I am considering the APR Stage 1 and an exhaust. First, I will probably buy the magna flow and have them eliminate their resonator, there is no way I will spend over $2K on an exhaust when I am sure the difference will be negligible over the MF. I am used to the pcar tax, but the prices are crazy for what I have seen.

Second, has anyone had any issues so far with the APR Stage 1, this is my main concern?

Have included some pics of my S6 (pick it up tomorrow) and what it will be joining in my stable.
APR is the way to go for Audi engine tuning in the U.S. Solid product and very good customer support. Both ABT and MTM have a bigger international reputation and make premier products, but their US support is virtually non-existent. I had APR tuning on both my B5 S4 and my B7 RS4. No issues ever. I will doing the same on the S6 come spring time.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
rickymp
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 269143

Quote:

I also just got a new 2014 S6 but you really got an awesome deal! I can't imagine tuning this car if you already have 2 Vipers and a new Porsche C4S!
Why jeopardize your warranty? You've got plenty of toys to satisfy your need for speed. The S6 is a luxury sport sedan not a track car.
rickymp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
Jeff-AudiUSAParts
Audiworld Platinum Sponsor
Account #: 211757

Congratulations!

Please click the icon above to order online, or call 1-877-601-3061 to phone an order in. Thank you, Jeff.
Jeff-AudiUSAParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
fastmd
AudiWorld Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickymp View Post
I also just got a new 2014 S6 but you really got an awesome deal! I can't imagine tuning this car if you already have 2 Vipers and a new Porsche C4S!
Why jeopardize your warranty? You've got plenty of toys to satisfy your need for speed. The S6 is a luxury sport sedan not a track car.
Thanks for the positive comments. But, I have a disease and keep anything stock. Even my Cummins Diesel and quad are tuned
Old 12-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
Delurker
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 256103

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickymp View Post
I think for someone who can afford to own that many 6-figure cars, it's probably not going to be a big issue to not have a powertrain warranty on the S6.
Delurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #7
DD1546
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 262333

Default I'll pull over to the right lane

I recognize those guys in the picture. They only gave me $4.5K off when I purchased my S6 6 months ago. You must have thrown in a complementary appendectomy! I know you and will steer to to the right lane when I see you coming. I'm in the Glacier White S6 you will have passed. How do you decide which car to drive in the morning? I believe that even a tuned S6 will only keep pace with the others till around 60.
DD1546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
DD1546
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 262333

Default PS

No comfort seats? I love mine and you're missing the "Stretch" function massage. Now there's a new thread, "What's your favorite massage function?"
DD1546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #9
fastmd
AudiWorld Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delurker View Post
I think for someone who can afford to own that many 6-figure cars, it's probably not going to be a big issue to not have a powertrain warranty on the S6.
My main concern is how reliable the tune will be. I don't want to be stuck on the side of the road and then dealing with bs that follows. It seems that GIAC also has a tune now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD1546 View Post
No comfort seats? I love mine and you're missing the "Stretch" function massage. Now there's a new thread, "What's your favorite massage function?"
I just love the diamond pattern, reminds me of my wife's Bentley.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #10
gatorguy7
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 259810

Quote:
My main concern is how reliable the tune will be. I don't want to be stuck on the side of the road and then dealing with bs that follows. It seems that GIAC also has a tune now.
I don't think you have to worry about a tune on the S6. There have been no reported problems with any of the tunes from S6 owners. I think that is more relevant than a S4 owner reporting a problem which we don't even know the circumstances on. APR might disagree but I don't think there is that much difference between any of the available tunes. APR just sells more than the rest.
gatorguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement