Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Q7 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Notices

Q7 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV
Sponsored by: Audi

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
jrscll
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 245338
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Default info on MPG on a Q7

I am looking to purchase a Q7, love this line of SUV however I do have a question of on the MPG of the Q7. I have been looking online and see that its estimated about 14mpg on street and about 20 highway.
For those who own a Q7 can anyone tell me if those numbers are pretty accurate?
I have an F150 5.4L and I am getting 14mpg streets and 19mpg highway. I would have thought that with the Q7 it would use less gas due to the smaller engine and v6.
Anyone with info it would be greatly appreciated.
jrscll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
weth
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 230594
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrscll View Post
I am looking to purchase a Q7, love this line of SUV however I do have a question of on the MPG of the Q7. I have been looking online and see that its estimated about 14mpg on street and about 20 highway.
For those who own a Q7 can anyone tell me if those numbers are pretty accurate?
I have an F150 5.4L and I am getting 14mpg streets and 19mpg highway. I would have thought that with the Q7 it would use less gas due to the smaller engine and v6.
Anyone with info it would be greatly appreciated.
What year & engine combo are you asking about?
__________________
2012 Q7 Prestige +Hitch +ACC +Adaptive Suspension. Graphite Gray/Black
weth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
Force-1
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 191633
 
Force-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 533
Default

I average about 18 city/hwy, and get about 23 on extended hwy trips.
__________________
2013 S5 Cab; Phantom Black/Black, Prestige Package, Driver Assist Package, Comfort Package, 19" 5-Spoke, Carbon Atlas Inlays
---------------------
2014 Q7 S-Line Prestige; Night Black/Black, Towing and Cold Weather Package, Adaptive Air Suspension
---------------------
<Gone>2011 Q7 S-Line Prestige; Orca Black/Grey, Towing and Cold Weather Package
---------------------
<Gone>2011 A5 Cab; Quartz Grey/Black, Premium+, NAV Package, 19" Sport Package, B&O Sound, Exhaust Tips
Force-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
jrscll
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 245338
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weth View Post
What year & engine combo are you asking about?
Look at about 2008-2010 and the 3.6L
jrscll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
jrscll
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 245338
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force-1 View Post
I average about 18 city/hwy, and get about 23 on extended hwy trips.
I know city fwy/hwy can be stop and go, so on extended hwy long trip thats when you avg about 23?
jrscll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
Force-1
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 191633
 
Force-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrscll View Post
I know city fwy/hwy can be stop and go, so on extended hwy long trip thats when you avg about 23?
Yes; however, I have the 3.0 SC. Can't use my MPG if you're looking at a 3.6.
__________________
2013 S5 Cab; Phantom Black/Black, Prestige Package, Driver Assist Package, Comfort Package, 19" 5-Spoke, Carbon Atlas Inlays
---------------------
2014 Q7 S-Line Prestige; Night Black/Black, Towing and Cold Weather Package, Adaptive Air Suspension
---------------------
<Gone>2011 Q7 S-Line Prestige; Orca Black/Grey, Towing and Cold Weather Package
---------------------
<Gone>2011 A5 Cab; Quartz Grey/Black, Premium+, NAV Package, 19" Sport Package, B&O Sound, Exhaust Tips
Force-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #7
ltooz_a6_a8_q7
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 61809
 
ltooz_a6_a8_q7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 1,863
Default

I have a 2008 3.6L, have never seen 20MPG on the freeway ever and I drive very conservatively, average is about 14-16MPG. People must drive down hill all the time to see over 20MPG.
If you're looking for upper 18+ average, stay away from 3.6L.

Cheers,

Louis
__________________

96 A6 Green Wagon 2.8L Quattro (8/03)
08 Q7 3.6 Premium Silver/Black (4/08)
06 A8L Quartz Grey/Black (3/13)
04 Cabriolet 3.0 CVT Red/Black (5/11-Sister)
98 A8 Melange 4.2 Quattro (7/04-5/11)
http://www.dognmonkey.com/audi
ltooz_a6_a8_q7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #8
jrscll
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 245338
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7 View Post
I have a 2008 3.6L, have never seen 20MPG on the freeway ever and I drive very conservatively, average is about 14-16MPG. People must drive down hill all the time to see over 20MPG.
If you're looking for upper 18+ average, stay away from 3.6L.

Cheers,

Louis
Wow, im having a hard time understanding how my 5.4L f-150 v8 gives the same mpg as a 3.6L v6 Q7.
I live in LA, CA so with traffic I would think mpg would be on the lower end.
Im not so concerned about 18+ mpg as the Q7 would be the Mrs. vehicle to drive and i would take the A4 for my longer commute. Cant get worse since i commute with my f-150 now. Seems like mpg goes hand in hand between f-150 and Q7, if anything would still save on gas since the Mrs. would use it and has a shorter commute.
jrscll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #9
Gavin0478
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 185237
 
Gavin0478's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14
Default

When you look at the mpg you also need to consider the Q7 is a Quattro so there is the extra drain of driving the front wheels also and think about comparing weights as sometimes a smaller engine may be surrounded by a larger heavier vehicle so has to work harder.
Gavin0478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #10
ltooz_a6_a8_q7
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 61809
 
ltooz_a6_a8_q7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 1,863
Default Mrs. will get 12-13MPG around town or commute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrscll View Post
Wow, im having a hard time understanding how my 5.4L f-150 v8 gives the same mpg as a 3.6L v6 Q7.
I live in LA, CA so with traffic I would think mpg would be on the lower end.
Im not so concerned about 18+ mpg as the Q7 would be the Mrs. vehicle to drive and i would take the A4 for my longer commute. Cant get worse since i commute with my f-150 now. Seems like mpg goes hand in hand between f-150 and Q7, if anything would still save on gas since the Mrs. would use it and has a shorter commute.
Around town, stop and go, and freeways like 405-5-101-10 these days, you're talking about 11-13 MPG. If you go and drive one, it's extremely heavy, just to get it up and going, it already burns tons of gas.
Many people try to get TDI to save gas, but the diesel prices are now are much higher than premium, not much savings there.
The bottom line is Q7 is nice, carry more people, safe and sound, but they are gas guzzlers. Anyhow, even the Honda Pilot is only average 15-16MPG, smaller truck than Q7.

Cheers,

Louis
__________________

96 A6 Green Wagon 2.8L Quattro (8/03)
08 Q7 3.6 Premium Silver/Black (4/08)
06 A8L Quartz Grey/Black (3/13)
04 Cabriolet 3.0 CVT Red/Black (5/11-Sister)
98 A8 Melange 4.2 Quattro (7/04-5/11)
http://www.dognmonkey.com/audi
ltooz_a6_a8_q7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community

Personal Contacts