Register Forgot Password?

Notices

Q5/SQ5 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored by: Audi

Old 12-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
Kaitlyn2004
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 261610

Default How do you hold small items in cargo?

I've seen some of the discussions regarding floor mats which doesn't totally answer, but I'm just wondering if you guys have anything to help manage smaller items in your cargo area?

For example, if I've gone grocery shopping and have a few bags of groceries... anyhting I can do to prevent it from sloshing around? Similar to shopping at the mall, things like that...
Kaitlyn2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
spijun
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 184703

Is this your first car ?
How do did you resolve this problem before.

Buy something like this

Click the image to open in full size.

Excuse me for my English

Last edited by spijun; 12-16-2013 at 02:01 PM.
spijun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
koobah
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 149321

There are hooks for grocery bags on each side of the cargo area. You can also get a net that attaches to the floor, or a collapsible cargo organizer.
koobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
josedebardi
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 260351

I got a storage net come with mine that you can put over a load and hold it down with, it was under the floor of the boot. Maybe see if you got one. I presume it is the kind of option that will only be part of certain options in certain regions tho.
Adaptive headlights, Advanced key, Audi drive select, Audi hill-hold assist, Audi Parking System Advanced, Bang & Olufsen Sound System, Black roof rails, Climate cup holder, Deletion of TDI technology designation at rear (keeping SQ5 and V6 T on wings and added extra T), Door mirrors elec adjustable/folding/heated/auto-dimming with memory function, Dynamic steering, Electrically-adjustable front seats with memory function, Heated front and outer rear seats, High-beam assist, MMI navigation plus, Mobile telephone preparation High with Audi connect, Audi side assist and Audi active lane assist, Power-operated tailgate, Privacy glass, DAB digital radio, Side window blinds manual, Towing equipment, Rear bench seat plus, Rear side airbags, Removable net partition, Retractable and extendable sun visor, 3-spoke multi-function flat bottomed steering wheel with gear-shift paddles, Storage package, Tyre pressure loss indicator, Underfloor storage tray in boot

josedebardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
JaXeN
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 24811

Quote:
Originally Posted by josedebardi View Post
I got a storage net come with mine that you can put over a load and hold it down with, it was under the floor of the boot. Maybe see if you got one. I presume it is the kind of option that will only be part of certain options in certain regions tho.
+1

I got a cargo net with mine as well. It's excellent for holding the smallish stuff down, and durable enough to throw the bigish stuff right on top.
JaXeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #6
Dalancroft
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 23640

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaXeN View Post
+1

I got a cargo net with mine as well. It's excellent for holding the smallish stuff down, and durable enough to throw the bigish stuff right on top.
Second the cargo net. $15 on eBay. My sales guy @ Audi Concord also gave me a dealer-labeled collapsible box similar to the one pictured above, only with orange striping.

Taken together, these two are very handy. My son and I have an annual rite of taking the spare change we've accumulated to one of those counting machines inside the grocery store, and the box/net combo prevented the big glass jar from rolling around and tipping over.
Dalancroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
josedebardi
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 260351

Also, not sure if you have the underfloor storage tray...
Adaptive headlights, Advanced key, Audi drive select, Audi hill-hold assist, Audi Parking System Advanced, Bang & Olufsen Sound System, Black roof rails, Climate cup holder, Deletion of TDI technology designation at rear (keeping SQ5 and V6 T on wings and added extra T), Door mirrors elec adjustable/folding/heated/auto-dimming with memory function, Dynamic steering, Electrically-adjustable front seats with memory function, Heated front and outer rear seats, High-beam assist, MMI navigation plus, Mobile telephone preparation High with Audi connect, Audi side assist and Audi active lane assist, Power-operated tailgate, Privacy glass, DAB digital radio, Side window blinds manual, Towing equipment, Rear bench seat plus, Rear side airbags, Removable net partition, Retractable and extendable sun visor, 3-spoke multi-function flat bottomed steering wheel with gear-shift paddles, Storage package, Tyre pressure loss indicator, Underfloor storage tray in boot

josedebardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
spijun
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 184703

There this possibility, but this is much more expensive:

Excuse me for my English
spijun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #9
Q5 Bob
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 247171

I got one of these after seeing it in another thread. I think the poster was 914Audi.

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/P...arOrganization
Old 12-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #10
Q5 TDI
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 269542

bungee cords connected to the floor tie down loops. $3.
Problem solved.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement