Register Forgot Password?

Notices

RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Old 12-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
60614allroad
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 58839

Default Snow Shoes!

Just in the nick of time (we just got 4 inches of fresh snow in Chicago), I got my winter wheels and tires installed. Like larryv, I chose a set of Hartmann wheels; however, I went with a different style so our cars will only be twins in warmer weather. I went with the set-up you see below, the wheels are replicas of Audi's +1 set-up for the S5, my dealer says they're affectionately referred to as the "Slicers". I went with 20x9s with 265/35/20 Dunlop 3Ds. Kudos to the folks at Cassidy Tires for doing the work for me....when I pulled out of their shop the manager called the RS "the mountain goat from hell..."....
I just came back from a run up to the northern burbs and back (came back on the twisty parts of Sheridan road); big fun....the car handles superbly with the new shoes. FYI, at the moment, Achtuning/Hartmann is out of stock on all RS7 wheels.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snowshoes pic 2.jpg (50.2 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg Snowshoes pic 3.jpg (59.3 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg Snowshoes pic 4.jpg (57.3 KB, 244 views)

Last edited by 60614allroad; 12-15-2013 at 07:48 AM.
60614allroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
BasicSlvr
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 24101

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60614allroad View Post
Just in the nick of time (we just got 4 inches of fresh snow in Chicago), I got my winter wheels and tires installed. Like larryv, I chose a set of Hartmann wheels; however, I went with a different style so our cars will only be twins in warmer weather. I went with the set-up you see below, the wheels are replicas of Audi's +1 set-up for the S5, my dealer says they're affectionately referred to as the "Slicers". I went with 20x9s with 265/35/20 Dunlop 3Ds. Kudos to the folks at Cassidy Tires for doing the work for me....when I pulled out of their shop the manager called the RS "the mountain goat from hell..."....
I just came back from a run up to the northern burbs and back (came back on the twisty parts of Sheridan road); big fun....the car handles superbly with the new shoes. FYI, at the moment, Auchtung/Hartmann is out of stock on all RS7 wheels.....
Very nice. Love the wheels. Send a pic to Dan Neil of The Wall St. Journal. He'll understand. http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...mentid=6747441
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A7sig.jpg (83.6 KB, 233 views)
BasicSlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #3
vanquisher
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 274658

Hi allroad,

nice done. quick question though, did you buy a new set of tpms for the winter tyers?
vanquisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:00 AM   #4
dg144
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 269103

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60614allroad View Post
I just came back from a run up to the northern burbs and back (came back on the twisty parts of Sheridan road); big fun....the car handles superbly with the new shoes. FYI, at the moment, Achtuning/Hartmann is out of stock on all RS7 wheels.....
Awesome
I live down the road in NW Indiana, my Panther black on Pirelli Sottozero's is amazing in the snow and ice, I have a lincoln navigator and a jeep wrangler at home and this past week the RS7 did better in the weather than either 4x4. Not only is weight distribution adequate to provide winter handling the tires and the electronic controls all make an amazing combination for excellent driving.
I waxed it last Saturday and then headed to Aurora in snowstorm, what a beast and got over 20mph on my first highway drive!!
Enjoy your new shoes and your new ride!!
dg144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:41 AM   #5
60614allroad
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanquisher View Post
Hi allroad,

nice done. quick question though, did you buy a new set of tpms for the winter tyers?
Yes, it was $800 for the set, but given that the RS7 has "real" TPMS (plus temperature readings) it was worth it.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:10 AM   #6
motorguy61
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 274210

Did you have any problems with your Hartmann wheels this winter such as they bent after hitting potholes? Also can you confirm the offset you picked when you bought your wheels? They look great!
motorguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:01 AM   #7
60614allroad
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy61 View Post
Did you have any problems with your Hartmann wheels this winter such as they bent after hitting potholes? Also can you confirm the offset you picked when you bought your wheels? They look great!
Well, winter in Chicago is still going strong, but so far I have only one tiny bend in one of the wheels; it's almost imperceptible (uh oh, I've just jinxed myself!). The offset is ET25....
Old 02-23-2014, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement