Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

It's the little things

Old 12-04-2013, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's the little things

I just traded in my 2005 A6 3.2L today for a 2012 A6 3.0t with very low miles (under 10K) and researched, drove it, etc. multiple times before buying.

Now it's just the little things which I'm missing. My error. Didn't look for these beforehand... just assumed they'd still be there.

Convince me that I'll get over this....

Things I noticed just today

1. The 2012 doesn't have the sun glasses holder near the mirror... Need to find a new place to keep them handy.

2. In the 2005, if I adjusted the heat, vents, etc. the MMI would display the new settings. Now I have to look down at the **** to see where I'm setting the temperature, etc. Any way to have this pop up in the 2012 MMI?

3. No front fog lights?

4. No headlight washer?

5. I can change the information displayed in the front panel using the steering wheel controls but where'd the little button on the wiper stalk go? That was so easy to flip through when needed.

I know I'll discover all sorts of other special features int his one. Just kind of missing my old pal a little bit.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Banned

You must have a low trim level. The Prestige has most of what you want. Has the sunglasses holder, has headlight washers, has the temp dial showing up in the MMI. Couldn't have the fog lights, because they would go were the radar units for the adaptive cruise control go.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_L
You must have a low trim level. The Prestige has most of what you want. Has the sunglasses holder, has headlight washers, has the temp dial showing up in the MMI. Couldn't have the fog lights, because they would go were the radar units for the adaptive cruise control go.
No headlight washers in any US model that I am aware of. Just the areas in the bumper where they would have been.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mwar99
No headlight washers in any US model that I am aware of. Just the areas in the bumper where they would have been.
You sure? Mine sure sound like they're spraying.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I have the sunglasses holder. And the only thing I use it for is to block sun when it's coming through that teeny tiny crack between the passenger visor and the rear view mirror. None of my glasses in a case will fit in it.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You sure? Mine sure sound like they're spraying.
None there on my 2013 Prestige. You're probably hearing the windshield washers.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Headlight washers are there on Canadian cars. But then we are missing other things like google maps... Rather arbitrary omissions.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grapeking
None there on my 2013 Prestige. You're probably hearing the windshield washers.
Actually, after doing some research, everything is there except the sprayers themselves. The pump is there and wired, and it does run. We can just get the sprayers and install them and the headlight washers will work. Looking for part numbers now.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Actually, after doing some research, everything is there except the sprayers themselves. The pump is there and wired, and it does run. We can just get the sprayers and install them and the headlight washers will work. Looking for part numbers now.
Really? Seems odd that they would install all of that and not finish the job. I have them on my CC but they only activate the first time you pull the washer stalk. Not sure why they chose to leave them out on the Audi.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigDawg
Really? Seems odd that they would install all of that and not finish the job. I have them on my CC but they only activate the first time you pull the washer stalk. Not sure why they chose to leave them out on the Audi.
They only didn't install them here because Americans complained about them spraying on the hood and fenders. The rest of the world gets them installed.

https://forums.audiworld.com/archive...t-2816176.html

Last edited by Mike_L; 12-04-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It's the little things