A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

fuel/temp gauge problems

Old 12-04-2013, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel/temp gauge problems

hi i have a 2004 c5 a6 saloon 130 tdi multronic my problem is as soon as i turn car ignition on my fuel gauge jumps striaght up to half way mark.?? and when i put fuel it rises acordingly and when it goes back down at just below half way the low level warning symbol [ petrol pump]will light up.??it seems its woking from half way up to full and back down to half.is there any way to recalabrat/ reset with vagcom ect sombody said it could be voltage regulator or dry soldering in insrument cluster because the temp is affected ?/so i have removed cluster and found no dry solder/every thing else looked good .had sombody look at sender in tank.he said it looked ok.even run car after fuel warning light came on to see if needle would go further down.ended up running out of fuel ha ha.to which says sender is doing its job..also temp gauge goes immediately up to 60dgs when ignition is turned on and when warm goes up to 110dgs instead of 90dgs which is the same distant on gauge as zero to 60dgs .are these two problems related?????????? can anybody help please,,
Old 12-05-2013, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can send your cluster to module master or paul from pixelfix.info to diagnose if it is indeed your cluster.

did you buy a car with this problem, or did it work fine and then suddenly "broke down" on you?

edit: since you're not from north america, you should find a local solution to diagnosing the cluster. MM and pixelfix are in the US and Canada, respectively.

did you scan the instrument cluster for codes? you'll need vag-com/VCDS for this.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
you can send your cluster to module master or paul from pixelfix.info to diagnose if it is indeed your cluster.

did you buy a car with this problem, or did it work fine and then suddenly "broke down" on you?

edit: since you're not from north america, you should find a local solution to diagnosing the cluster. MM and pixelfix are in the US and Canada, respectively.

did you scan the instrument cluster for codes? you'll need vag-com/VCDS for this.
thanks for your reply gta.yes i bought car with problem.and i have car on a snapon vagcom which showed no codes ?? i am just trying to find sombody who has had the same problem that can pinpiont the above problems with the gauges..ps i live in bury/manchester/england.hope sombody can help