Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Notices

A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5-present

Old 12-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
APS99
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 272065

Default EPC light with shaking & noise

Thanksgiving afternoon I was driving my 2009 A4 Quattro on the freeway when my EPC light came on. I noticed the car was idling rough and I lost most of the power, I shut the car off and the light went out, but later it returned with the same issues. I had my mechanic look at it and he believes it could be the turbo.I have spent many hours looking online regarding this issue and no one has said anything about their turbo. After a tune up I drove the car and now when it goes over 40mph I hear a lot banging under the car whether the EPC light is on or off. The C.E.L. is on as well. Does anyone have any suggestions before I take the car in.
APS99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
gunsmoker
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 191159

Coil packs. There is a TSB on those.
2011 A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus, 6MT, 18" Sport Package, Dark Walnut Inlays, Silver/Light Grey, AWE Exhaust, STaSIS ECU Tune, Deval CF Splitter, aFe Pro Dry S Filter, ECode Turbo Inlet Hose, Alu Kreuz, Osir CF Valance, R8 Coil Packs, ECS Two-piece S4 Rotors, H&R Rear Sway Bar
gunsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement