Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Good project for rainy Sun. AM...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Good project for rainy Sun. AM...

Just spent a little over half-hour removing the airbag warning stickers from the front/back of my sun visors. Soaked face cloth in some isopropyl alcohol then dabbed/rubbed over the warning labels, let sit for 5-10 minutes each while periodically re-wetting the labels - pulled off fairly easily (albeit in pieces) and now I can enjoy my black headliner all that much more
Old 09-22-2013, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

You know what will happen now, don't you? Just like those "do not remove under penalty of law" furniture tags, if the air bag warning label is removed, the Federal Enforcement Car Agency of Labels (FECAL) will be paying you a visit. Contact your attorney.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you mind taking a picture and showing us how it turned out? I haven't seen this done where it hasn't left an outline of the tag.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
Would you mind taking a picture and showing us how it turned out? I haven't seen this done where it hasn't left an outline of the tag.
Sure, here are some crappy cell phone pics, but you get the idea...the camera flash definitely shows the tag outline, but in normal in-car lighting it looks fine (barely visible)...certainly better than having the labels there.

Flash also makes a lot of white/sparkly-looking effects in the pics, which aren't otherwise visible.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

F.E.C.A.L.? - good one snagit

Glad to hear that the labels can be removed. It was said earlier that the only option is to buy Euro visors.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tenspeed
F.E.C.A.L.? - good one snagit

Glad to hear that the labels can be removed. It was said earlier that the only option is to buy Euro visors.
Any idea where to buy the Euros? Never taken a visor off (or put one on,) would it be pretty easy?
Old 09-23-2013, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by directorguy7
Any idea where to buy the Euros? Never taken a visor off (or put one on,) would it be pretty easy?
Easy to do but not cheap. I think each visor is $250 if I remember correctly.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by directorguy7
I would definitely try the rubbing alcohol first. It would be easier and neater to remove the visors and work on a flat surface.

Generally speaking to remove the visor, pry off the plastic cover at the base. Remove two or three screws. Gently lower the visor and look for the electrical connector. Unplug the connector. You might need a small flat head screwdriver to release a tab on the connector. Install in reverse order.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

My dealer told me not to remove the stickers since it is a lease and Audi will be re-selling the car - BS?
I kind of like the stickers as a reminder of how stupid the average American must be; not really, I hate the silly things.
I may now try to remove them.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a lease they could hit you for that. I am waiting to see if Infiniti hits me for debadging my M37S, I turned it in and it had no Infiniti badges on it.

Quick Reply: Good project for rainy Sun. AM...